Tart Lumber Company
Tart Lumber Company, Inc., an independent lumber, millwork and hardware supply store, seeks a full-time Administrative Assistant to join their Sales Team in Sterling, Virginia.
This position is ideal for someone experienced in a professional business setting, embodies exceptional customer service, and can communicate in a helpful, pleasant manner with staff and customers alike.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Create point of sale system quotes from 3rd party pricing estimates.
- Process client deposits and payments.
- Tracking open orders to ensure receipt of acknowledgements from manufacturer portals.
- Update orders with acknowledged supplier details and advising customers of expected delivery dates of special orders.\
- Advise sales representative and client when special orders arrive.
- Coordinate with delivery dispatch team for larger orders.
- Complete installation agreements as needed, ensuring all signed documents are added to shared storage on network.
- Coordinate with installers for field measures, keeping detailed notes in calendar for measurements, installations, and return service trips.
- Coordinate installations with customer and installer once material has arrived, ensuring any additional installation material is delivered with products being installed.
- Enter installer purchase orders and invoices into the system.
- Process replacement part requests for damaged or defective items.
- Assist Sales Team with other day-to-day operations and tasks, as needed.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- $17 – $20 per hour starting wage.
- Performance bonus.
- Health, dental and vision insurance; prescription drug coverage.
- 401(k) retirement plan.
- Paid time off.
- This is a Monday – Friday position working 7am – 4:30pm; no weekends.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in an administrative support or professional office environment preferred.
- Knowledge/experience with new construction and/or remodeling a bonus.
- A friendly and personable demeanor that exudes professionalism at all times as this position has a high level of contact with customers, staff, and suppliers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms and other office procedures; working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word and Excel) required.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing work priorities.
- Proven organization and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and work independently to complete tasks; prioritize and resolve inquiries (phone, e-mail, in person).
- Valid driver’s licenses required.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at tartlumber.hirescore.com
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.