Iron County Medical Care Facility
The Iron County Medical Care Facility (ICMCF) seeks a dedicated professional for the position of Assistant Director of Nursing to join their team in Crystal Falls, Michigan. This position serves in absence of the Director of Nursing and compliments the Director in planning, developing, and supervising licensed and non-licensed staff providing healthcare and nursing services to the elders of ICMCF.
- Assist in overall direction, coordination and evaluation of nursing department including supervision; recruiting, interviewing, hiring, coaching, mentoring and training; planning, assigning and directing work; performance management; addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
- Assist in maintaining standards of nursing practices; develop/update policies & procedures for nursing staff.
- Supervise and review resident care and resident care policies; evaluate residents for admission.
- Perform duties of staff nurse, as needed, and be on call in absence of the Director of Nursing.
- Assist in emergency care of residents, personnel and visitors involved in accidents while on the job or in the building.
- Maintain Federal and State regulations as related to nursing and be knowledgeable of State requirements for other services and departments in the facility.
- Keep current in the field of Nursing through literature, workshops, and conferences.
- Attend routine meetings with RN’s, LPN’s and CNA’s, as needed.
- Assist in coordinating nursing in-services w/other departments (ex: Physical Therapy, Diversional Therapy).
- Make daily rounds of nursing units monitoring resident care for compliance w/federal, state and local standards/regulations.
- Assist in establishing the administration procedure and control of medication under direction of the Pharmacists; participate in policy change with Pharmacists.
- Assist in the development of individual resident care plans and charting, as needed.
- Work closely with MDS Coordinator.
- Assign responsibility and delegate authority as needed.
- Continually evaluate needs and services as they concern nursing care.
- Work with staff to continually up grade and improve nursing care of the residents.
- Assist in providing for the spiritual, psychological and social needs of residents.
- Assist administration and other departments as needed while promoting an effective, positive work environment.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting wage of $34.00 per hour with an increase to $34.50/hour after 6 months, and $35.00/hour after 1 year. Position offers medical, dental, vision, generous retirement plan, paid vacation, paid sick time, personal days, paid holidays, short-term disability, life insurance, and a uniform allowance.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan required.
- 3 years’ supervisory experience in a long-term care facility required.
- Thorough knowledge of State and Federal regulations/guidelines governing long-term care facilities.
- Exceptional communication skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust and competence amongst peers and patients.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to physically and mentally carry out the functions of this position including lifting/moving up to 50 pounds.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at icmcf.hirescore.com
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.