Upper Peninsula Power Company (UPPCO)
UPPCO seeks a part-time Temporary Accounts Payable Coordinator to join their in-office team in Marquette, Michigan. This is a temporary position that will begin as soon as possible and run for a period of 4 – 6 months.
This position ensures proper general ledger and project coding of invoices including GL account, classification of fixed assets and prepaid expenses, and classification of non-employee compensation. Strong candidates for this position have excellent organizational and time management skills, can work independently and with a team, and handle multiple tasks with keen attention to detail.
COMPENSATION. Up to $20.00 per hour, based on experience.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Review invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms.
- Process check requests.
- Review and process credit card statements.
- 1099 maintenance.
- Respond to vendor payment inquiries.
- Reconcile vendor statements; research and correct discrepancies.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Assist in the month-end close.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR.
- Associate degree in Accounting, Finance, or a directly related field.
- 2 years of relevant accounts payable/accounting experience.
- Experience working with computerized accounting systems required.
- SAP experience, a bonus.
- Proficiency with standard business software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; solid analytical/problem-solving skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at uppco.hirescore.com
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.