UPPCO seeks an Apprentice Line Electrician in Ontonagon, Michigan. In this role, you assist line electricians to construct, operate, maintain and dismantle components of all voltages of distribution and transmission lines. If you enjoy working outdoors and would like to become proficient and gain experience in performing these tasks in a safe manner, consider this career opportunity.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. $39.38 – $43.20 per hour, based on experience and qualifications, along with a comprehensive benefit package.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL.
- Completed 2 years of a formal Line Electrician Apprenticeship program, successfully completed all required examinations, and accumulated at least 4,000 on-the-job training hours and bookwork required.
- 2 years of electric utility construction and maintenance experience required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid Class A commercial driver’s license with air brake endorsements within 4 months of hire.
- Become knowledgeable with all phases of electric distribution and transmission work procedures and safety rules, electric distribution standards, applicable state electric codes and statutes, and underground facilities and their purpose.
- Willingness to be on-call, work long hours and overtime, as needed.
- Ability to work outside with exposure to all types of weather conditions.
- Position involves heavy, physical work with frequent lifting and/or carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in high areas above ground level, with high voltage equipment, and with chemically treated wood materials.
- Excellent time management, organization, and communication skills.
- A positive, motivated attitude that works well with co-workers and the public.
- Willingness to travel, as required.
- Must reside within 30 minutes travel time of jobsite.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at uppco.hirescore.com
UPPCO is a regulated electric utility delivering safe, reliable energy to about 54,000 customers in 10 counties of Michigan’s pristine Upper Peninsula. Our assets include 7 hydroelectric renewable energy generation facilities that also offer public recreational opportunities on land and water, 2 combustion turbines providing a total generation capacity of approximately 80 megawatts, 3,300 miles of electric distribution lines, and 58 distribution substations. Learn more at uppco.com.
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.