ThermoAnalytics, Inc., a leading provider of thermal and infrared simulation software and services, seeks highly motivated, technically driven engineering students with an interest in heat transfer to join their team as Engineering Services Interns in your choice of Calumet, Michigan or Novi, Michigan. The Intern position will begin in 2023 and will be based on the successful candidates’ school schedule.
WHAT YOU WILL DO. Interns work directly with full-time members of the TAI engineering staff to:
- Develop CAE based thermal models.
- Construct surface mesh to represent object being modeled.
- Collect material properties and boundary conditions to be assigned to simulation model.
- Set-up and run thermal models (TAITherm) and CFD models (Fluent or StarCCM+).
- Write utility programs (MatLab, Python, C++, etc.).
- Support Sales Team by developing marketing models/content.
- Support Development Team by testing TAITherm software.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- $22.00 per hour.
- Culture of intellectual excitement working with leading edge technology.
- Pro-rated holiday pay and access to the company Employee Assistance Program.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR.
- Completed college/university sophomore level or above.
- Experience working in a team/collaborative situation.
- Demonstrated self-motivation, intellectual curiosity, written/verbal communication skills.
- Heat Transfer course work or experience.
- To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicants must be a United States citizen or a lawful permanent resident of the United States. Final candidates may be required to undergo a thorough background check, credit check and/or drug screen.
BONUS QUALIFICATIONS THAT PUT YOU OVER THE TOP.
- Thermal Modeling and Surface Meshing experience.
- Experience using Solid Modeling tools such as ProE, Solidworks, etc.
- Setting up CFD models in Fluent or StarCCM+.
- Programming experience such as MatLab, Python, etc.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and online at tai.hirescore.com
ThermoAnalytics’ business culture mixes the intellectual excitement of leading-edge technology with the simple values of its rural Midwest setting. A strong work ethic and sense of pride in producing high quality work is evident throughout the company. Employees in all company functions are actively engaged in the business and collaborate extensively to achieve goals. ThermoAnalytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
VISIT US AT CAREER FAIR. September 21, 2022 at Michigan Technological University. Learn more at mtu.edu/career/events/career-fair/fair/.
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.