U.P. Engineers & Architects
U.P. Engineers & Architects (UPEA) seeks both early career and senior level Civil Engineers to join their team in your choice of locations: Houghton, Iron Mountain, Ishpeming, or Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan, or Marinette, Wisconsin.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Direct USDA Rural Development infrastructure projects and design, road and bridge engineering design, oversee construction, and perform project administration tasks associated with contracted work.
- Develop plans and contract documents for construction projects.
- Write (or direct the writing of) engineering and construction specifications and special provisions for infrastructure, road and/or bridge construction projects.
- Administer contracts in accordance with all applicable requirements.
- Conduct meetings related to project planning and design, pre-construction, and progress meetings, as necessary.
- Meet with project partners, clients, local officials, contractors, and other governmental officials as necessary for various project related reasons.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- $42,000 – $110,000+ annually based on your knowledge and experience.
- Performance bonuses.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- Matched 401(k) retirement plan.
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Employee Stock Ownership.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required.
- Professional Engineer license (or in process of obtaining license), a bonus.
- 1 or more years’ experience in civil design required.
- Experience working with USDA Rural Development and/or transportation projects preferred; Michigan and/or Wisconsin civil work plus.
- Ability to work under time constraints to ensure deadlines are met.
- Working knowledge of CAD, civil design and MS Office software (Word, Excel), required.
- Ability to interpret and understand documents, drawings, and technical specifications required.
- A versatile nature that can adapt well to changing priorities and projects.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Willingness and ability to travel, as needed, based on projects/meetings.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at upea.hirescore.com
UPEA is an employee-owned company serving the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and Northern Wisconsin. With offices in Houghton, Iron Mountain, Ishpeming, and Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan as well as Marinette, Wisconsin, UPEA is the largest professional-services firm headquartered in the region. UPEA is a team of 60+ professional engineers, architects, surveyors, and environmental engineers and have been in business for more than 60 years. Take your career to the next level by joining the UPEA team where job satisfaction is consistently high, and turnover is low.
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.