Marshfield Medical Center-Dickinson
The Marshfield Medical Center-Dickinson seeks full-time and part-time Environmental Service Aides (Cleaning Staff) to join their team in Iron Mountain, Michigan.
The ideal candidate is someone meticulous with cleaning and able to maintain a hospital environment conducive to recovery and health. This position requires a willingness to collaborate with other staff and be in good mental and physical condition as you will be standing and walking during work periods.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Understand and follow policies/procedures established for quality assurance, safety and infection control.
- Empty trash from assigned areas, transport to compactor, and compact as needed.
- Dust and/or disinfect on a daily basis all furniture, hard surfaces, glass, and equipment with appropriate disinfectant cleaning solution.
- Make beds and replenish laundry and supplies to patient care areas, rooms, carts, etc.
- Sweep, mop, vacuum, scrub and/or wax floor surfaces as assigned.
- Maintain necessary supplies and linens.
- Receive linen from providers, stocks linen room, deliver laundry to and from hospital departments and storage.
- Flexibility required as you may require travel to offsite clinics or assist in other areas, if needed.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- $14.28 – $17.85 per hour starting pay based on experience.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Short and long-term disability insurance and life insurance.
- Prescription drug coverage.
- Flex spending account for uncovered medical and/or daycare expenses.
- 401(k)/Roth 401(k) retirement plan with employer contribution (3% of annual wage first year; second year—Marshfield will match your contribution up to 4%).
- Paid time off (sick, vacation).
- If you work 30+ hours per week (or 60+ hours in a two week pay period), then you qualify for full-time benefits. Part-time positions earn benefits if working 16+ hours per week (or 32+ hours in a two week pay period).
WORK SCHEDULE. Shifts are 7am-3pm, 3pm-11pm, 11pm-7am, or as assigned and includes participating in a rotating weekend schedule. We make every effort to accommodate preferences in scheduling.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience working in an environmental service, janitorial or institutional cleaning position preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with team members and patients.
- A professional demeanor that ensures trust and competence amongst co-workers.
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to physically and mentally carry out the functions of this position which includes working in a hospital environment with exposure to cleaning chemicals and fumes; walking, bending, pushing, pulling and standing for extended periods of time; carrying/lifting up to 30 pounds frequently.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at dchs.hirescore.com
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.