Marshfield Medical Center-Dickinson
The Marshfield Medical Center-Dickinson seeks a Chief Nursing Officer join their team of healthcare professionals in Iron Mountain, Michigan.
The ideal person for this position is a dedicated nursing leader focused on ensuring the delivery of care at the highest level of patient quality and safety. The CNO provides vision and guidance to develop highly competent patient care operational structures and promotes a culture of innovative patient-centered care focused on excellence.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Establish market and departmental goals to promote and ensure consistency in performance expectations.
- Participate in implementation and monitoring of system goals and governance.
- Prepare, monitor and maintain operating and capital budgets to meet financial goals.
- Continuously assess, analyze and ensure adherence to regulatory standards and changing healthcare delivery patterns.
- Utilize LEAN principles in reviewing care processes and costs of care to improve efficiency and promote optimum cost effectiveness.
- Establish a framework where patient care staff can exercise initiative, innovation and critical thinking skills to enhance and improve job performance.
- Instill and demonstrate the importance of thoughtful and respectful communication to foster trust and teamwork amongst all patient care services team.
- Use your clinical knowledge and core nursing skills to serve as a role model for competence, credibility and trust.
- Collaborate closely with medical staff to facilitate safe, patient-centered care that emphasizes efficiency and incorporation of best practices.
- Direct responsibility and oversight of hospital-based Patient Care Services and represents acute care to inform and educate leadership on departmental successes and challenges.
- May provide direct or indirect clinical oversight to ambulatory operations.
- Establish and support a culture supportive of education and employee development that encourages personal and professional growth.
- Exhibit emotional intelligence, and critical and analytical thinking to make optimal, evidence-based decisions.
- Review and meet ongoing competency requirements to maintain necessary the knowledge, skills and abilities.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- $135,636 – $190,798 annual starting salary based on experience.
- PLUS $15,000 sign-on bonus.
- Health, dental and vision insurance; prescription drug coverage.
- Flex spending account for uncovered medical and/or daycare expenses.
- 401(k)/Roth 401(k) retirement plan with employer contribution (3% of annual wage first year; second year—DCHS will match your contribution up to 4%).
- Paid time off (sick, vacation).
- Short & long-term disability, and life insurance.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required; Master’s degree in Nursing, Business Administration or a related field preferred, or ability to obtain within 18 months if hired.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, or ability to obtain within 3 months if hired.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in nursing with at least 5 years nursing management experience required.
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills with a proven track record of success in managing clinical services in a competitive market, leading and advocating for nurses, enhancing productivity, budget planning, reducing cost, developing new programs, and improving quality.
- Experience working with labor contracts and labor negotiations helpful.
- Knowledge of state, federal and joint commission guidelines, regulations and standards.
- Professional demeanor that promotes innovation, ensures trust, competence and compassion amongst team members.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at dchs.hirescore.com
Learn more about the healthcare system at dchs.org
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.