Upper Peninsula Power Company (UPPCO)
UPPCO seeks both full-time and part-time Seasonal Contact Center Representatives to join their team in Ishpeming, Michigan. In this temporary position, the successful candidates will be responsible for the efficient handling of residential and commercial call handling. Primary responsibilities include:
- Handle inbound/outbound customer contacts by phone, email, mail, or fax regarding collections and emergency inquiries.
- Perform credit and collection activity on residential and small commercial accounts including inbound/outbound calling and scheduling of disconnection activity.
COMPENSATION. $15.00 per hour.
- This is a seasonal position that will start as soon as possible and runs for a period of 90-180 days.
- Position offers opportunity of full-time or part-time hours.
- Shifts will be scheduled weekdays Monday-Friday and between the hours of 6am to 9pm.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR.
- Associate’s degree or higher in Business, Communications, or a related field preferred, however, is not required.
- 1 or more years’ experience with customer contact required; experience with Contact Center/Call Center operations, a bonus.
- Experience with billing or collection processes preferred.
- Proficiency w/computers and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), required.
- Familiarity with utility processes, tariffs and regulations preferred, but not required. We will provide training in this area.
- Exceptional ability to remain calm, professional, and positive in a variety of customer contact settings required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- A motivated attitude that works well with little direct supervision.
- Must reside within 30 minutes normal drive time of UPPCO’s Ishpeming, Michigan Contact Center.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at uppco.hirescore.com
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.