Iron County Medical Care Facility
The Iron County Medical Care Facility (ICMCF) seeks a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (PRN) to join their team on an as-needed basis in Crystal Falls, Michigan.
- Maintain highest level of Occupational Therapy standards, HIPAA and confidentiality guidelines while safely and effectively performing treatment plan and screens on residents and/or outpatients as directed and supervised by the Occupational Therapist and Director of Rehab Services.
- Assist with discharge planning and continuation of therapeutic plan including instructing patients, families, and caregivers in follow-up home exercise programs, techniques, and recommended equipment.
- Perform home safety visits as needed and communicate results with supervising staff.
- Transport residents to and from therapy sessions as needed.
- Maintain collaborative working relationship with medical profession, healthcare facilities and organizations.
- Maintain/document treatment charges, medical record, and progress notes as services are provided.
- Assure therapy area, equipment and supplies are maintained in a clean, safe manner for resident/patient comfort and convenience.
- Participate in community-based health and wellness activities, meetings, surveys and inspections as needed.
COMPENSATION. $28 – $30 per hour.
- Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant in the State of Michigan.
- Previous experience performing occupational therapy in hospital, skilled nursing or other related medical facility setting preferred.
- A professional demeanor that ensures trust, competence, and patience amongst peers and patients.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload, adjust to frequent interruptions, and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to physically and mentally carry out the functions of this position including working with disabled, elderly, hostile and/or emotionally upset individuals; frequent bending, lifting, stretching, pushing and pulling required.
- Willingness and ability to attend and participate in continuing education classes, in-services, orientation of new staff, and on-the-job training to keep with current changes in healthcare field as well as maintain professional status.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at icmcf.hirescore.com
Learn more about ICMCF us at ironcountymcf.com
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.