The Catholic Diocese of Marquette seeks a part-time Development Assistant to join their team in Marquette, MI! As Development Assistant, you will work 15-20 hours a week, aiding a dynamic development program with management of some fundraising initiatives, communications, and donor relations. The ideal candidate has a strong background in non-profit fundraising and development as well as a desire to support the mission of the Catholic Church.
- Research and write grants for the benefit of Catholic schools in the diocese
- Assist Catholic schools with donor management software implementation and/or problem-solving
- Work with Catholic school leaders to submit news and photos for publication in The U.P. Catholic Newspaper
- Assist with fundraising initiatives such as #iGiveCatholic, endowment building, and others
- Use the Raisers Edge donor database to assist with prospect identification, cultivation, and solicitation
- Write department news releases, newsletters and other communications
- Assist with creative promotions for fundraising initiatives and planned giving across various print, electronic, and social media
COMPENSATION: $15-$18 an hour, depending on knowledge and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years of non-profit fundraising and development experience preferred
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Organization, time management, and prioritization skills
- Able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.