Website Menominee County Road Commission
The Menominee County Road Commission seeks a motivated entry level Engineering Technician to join their team in Menominee County, MI. As an Engineering Technician, you will perform a variety of civil engineering tasks such as roadway/bridge design and construction tasks such as permitting, surveying, drafting, testing, and inspection.
The essential functions of this position also include project inspection along with serving as the Road Commission’s permit agent.
If you are eager to get started in your civil engineering career, then this is the job for you!
- Inspect federal, state, and locally funded projects.
- Review and complete permits, including right-of-way, environmental, construction, and transportation permits.
- Collect and analyze necessary site information and data to prepare, submit, review, and approve permits.
- Perform all field staking and measurements.
- Utilize conventional and computer-aided drafting.
- Conduct field inspection including nuclear density measurements, quantity estimates, data collection, recording, and reporting of information obtained under difficult field conditions.
- Collect, sample, and test soils, aggregates, asphalt, and concrete in the field and laboratory.
- Assist in the design and preparation of plans, proposals, estimates, and specifications for road and bridge construction and maintenance projects.
- Assist in preparation of specifications for roadway and bridge projects along with equipment and facility projects.
- Use e-Construction software (ProjectWise) to document and deliver inspector daily reports, measurements, and quantities, Act 51 certifications, summary preparation, and file maintenance.
- Utilize construction management software to administer construction contracts (Field Manager, AASHTOware, etc).
COMPENSATION: The Menominee County Road Commission puts great value in the Engineering Technician position by offering an annual salary of $50,000 – $60,000 commensurate with knowledge and experience.
BENEFITS: The Menominee County Road Commission offers an excellent benefits package including health, prescription, cancer rider, dental, vision, short term and long term disability insurance, life insurance, PTO (including vacation, personal, sick leave, and 9 paid holidays), generous employer match into employee’s defined contribution plan (4 year vesting), and optional 457 plan.
SCHEDULE: This is an entry level, full time position that has a different schedule depending on the season. Overtime may be required.
Summer: Monday – Thursday 6:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Winter: Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Associate degree in civil engineering technology, construction technology, surveying technology, construction management, or related major OR
- 3+ years project management experience in construction and/or design OR
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certificate from an accredited college.
- Must have or be willing to obtain MDOT inspection certification for aggregate, asphalt, and concrete.
- Familiarity with MDOT’s Standard Specifications for Construction and Design Standards.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have or be willing to obtain a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to read and understand written and verbal instructions, sometimes with telephones and radios.
Must be able to lift, push, pull, and manipulate tools, equipment, supplies, and other objects up to 80 pounds, walk, sit, stand, and climb stairs and ramps, work at heights, and use excellent balance for extended periods of time.
Must be able to wear adequate personal protective equipment and withstand exposure to varying weather conditions.
APPLY ONLINE at mcrc.hirescore.com
ABOUT: The Menominee County Road Commission was established in 1894. The Menominee County Road Commission is one of the oldest in the State. We have a three-member Board of Road Commissioners who are elected by voters. County road commissions were organized by Public Act 283 of 1909 to achieve two primary goals: To provide continuity in road construction and maintenance across the state; and to provide cost-efficient and high-quality road services for county roads. Learn more at www.menomineecounty.com
The Menominee County Road Commission is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.