Little Brothers-Friends of the Elderly
Little Brothers-Friends of the Elderly seeks a strategic and donor-focused Fundraising Officer to join their team in Hancock, Michigan.
The Fundraising Officer is a key position overseeing all aspects of donor relations—-communications and publications, relationship building, direct mail appeals, database management, and special events. This position works alongside the Executive Director to identify major donor potential, plans and implements donor strategies, and keeps current with fundraising trends. The ideal candidate is passionate in our mission to serve an aging population, is idea driven, has strong public relations skills, and is comfortable speaking with the community in a variety of settings.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- $20.00 per hour.
- Annual bonus.
- Health insurance; health savings account.
- Paid holidays, paid vacation, and paid sick time.
- Full-time Monday-Friday position 8:30am-5pm.
- Some schedule flexibility and remote work options available.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Design, produce and distribute communications seeking support and providing information on LBFE programs including direct mailings, storytelling, Annual Report, donor newsletters, etc.
- Analyze donor trends and giving patterns to maximize efforts and align with LBFE objectives.
- Maintain donor and mailing list databases.
- Receive, process, acknowledge and deposit donations; prepare donation reporting for Executive Team and year-end tax records.
- Strategize on efforts to cultivate, engage, research and visit current and potential donors.
- Collaborate with team to plan annual donor appreciation event.
- Plan, coordinate, participate and oversee annual fundraising events (Mustang automobile sweepstakes, donor dinner, pancake breakfast/open house, etc.).
- Participate in 2 of 3 major holiday meal programs (Thanksgiving, Christmas and/or Easter) as well as the annual elderly and volunteer picnics.
- Recruit, train, manage and coordinate volunteers as needed to support donor events/efforts.
- Train volunteers on data entry to various program databases.
- Engage the community through public speaking and conducting interviews with radio, TV, newspaper, and social media outlets.
- Maintain a professional and positive work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent combination of experience, education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to be successful in this position.
- Experience working in a not-for-profit organization helpful.
- Ability to communicate, prepare, present, and distill information effectively for a variety of audiences required.
- Strong relational skills the works well both independently and collaboratively with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Professionalism, exceptional communication skills, organization, self-motivation, and someone who encourages a team environment.
- Compassion for the elderly and an aging population.
- Strong computer skills required (Word, Excel, Publisher, OneDrive, SharePoint).
- Proficiency with CRM, database programs, and QuickBooks preferred.
- Ability to travel locally as needed.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at littlebrothers.hirescore.com
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.