Marshfield Medical Center-Dickinson
The Marshfield Medical Center-Dickinson seeks a full-time Home Medical Equipment Specialist to join their team in Iron Mountain, Michigan. This position requires someone compassionate and able to set-up, deliver and follow-up on home medical equipment for patients under care.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Plan, prepare, maintain, deliver, retrieve, set-up and demonstrate use of home medical equipment while visiting patients in their homes.
- Maintain/clean equipment upon return from use.
- Travel to patient locations on a frequent basis.
- Maintain effective, caring and professional communication with patients, staff and care teams.
- Document and maintain patient data; run reports and maintain logs.
- Utilize and maintain hospital supplies/equipment in a cost effective and safe manner.
- Stay current with industry standards by maintaining continuing education.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- $15.87 – $20.22 per hour starting pay based on experience.
- Health, dental and vision insurance; prescription drug coverage.
- Short & long-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flex spending account for uncovered medical and/or daycare expenses.
- 401(k)/Roth 401(k) retirement plan with employer contribution (3% of annual wage first year; second year—Marshfield will match your contribution up to 4%).
- Paid time off (sick, vacation).
- Full-time position with shifts 7am-3pm, 8am-4pm, 9am–5pm, or as assigned, and requires participation in a rotating work schedule for on-call, weekends and holidays.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 1 year experience with home medical equipment preferred.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification, or ability to obtain within 30 days if hired.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable, insured transportation, and a good driving record. Must be willing to frequently travel to patient locations in a hospital provided vehicle, or personal vehicle during various weather/road conditions while transporting medical equipment.
- Exceptional customer service skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust, competence and compassion amongst patients, families, caregivers, and team members.
- Ability to physically and mentally carry out the functions of this position including frequent lifting, climbing stairs, moving and lowering of equipment/supplies (with assistance) weighing from 10 – 50 pounds.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at dchs.hirescore.com
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.