Tart Lumber Company
Tart Lumber Company, Inc., an independent lumber, millwork, and hardware supply store, seeks an Inside Sales Representative to join their team onsite in Sterling, Virginia. If you are experienced, high-performing, and ideally with a background in building materials, we want to hear from you!
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Creatively help customers bring their building dreams to light with your knowledge of construction and building materials.
- Assist customers in the sales process by actively listening to their product needs and helping them define the texture, feel and functionality of their project with interior finish products such as wall coverings, window/door components, cabinetry, hardware, and fixtures.
- Close sales and produce sales agreements.
- Expedite factory orders to manufacturers and certify order acknowledgments are accurate.
- Continuously observe day-to-day floor operations with emphasis on meeting customers for the selections process and design consultation.
- Assist in coordinating delivery of ordered material to customer.
- Train alongside and provide support to current staff and be coached for excellence in your position.
- Stay on-top of industry trends to further develop and increase your product and industry knowledge.
- Read construction plans.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- Compensation plan averaging $50,000 – $80,000 first year (hourly rate + bonuses); quarterly sales bonuses are performance based with no cap yielding unlimited earning potential.
- Health and dental insurance; prescription drug coverage.
- 401(k) retirement plan.
- Paid time off (vacation, holidays, personal days, and sick pay).
- Employee discounts.
- Award-winning showroom.
- Continuing education and travel opportunities.
- Awesome work culture, friendly work environment, with catalytic coaching and performance reviews.
- Company clothing and safety gear/attire allotment ($150 allowed annually).
- This is a full-time position working onsite Monday – Friday during normal business hours; half day every third Saturday.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR.
- A valid driver’s license and ability to travel locally for customer meetings and training events is required.
- Building material sales experience preferred. In lieu of experience, we will train someone that is highly motivated, customer focused, enjoys building relationships, and has passion for our company.
- Knowledge/experience with new construction and/or remodeling a bonus.
- Ability to read and take measurements using a tape measure required.
- Proficiency with computer software applications including Microsoft Office.
- Someone dependable, organized, and who works well individually and as a team member.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at tartlumber.hirescore.com
Since 1951, Tart Lumber Company is Northern Virginia’s first name in hardware, lumber, millwork and construction supplies. Team members are professional and committed to providing top-notch customer experiences.
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.