GS Engineering, Inc.
GS Engineering, a diverse, high-tech company located in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, seeks a Lead Software Engineer to join their team in Houghton, Michigan. This is a hybrid remote position offering a schedule that works part of the week in-office and the remainder from the comfort of your home. Applicants can expect a flexible work environment and opportunities for professional growth and development.
This position is responsible for technical software development and plays a critical role in expanding software development capabilities by establishing processes and procedures while leading the design of our most exciting work.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- $90,000 – $120,000 annually based on your knowledge and experience.
- Employee Stock Ownership.
- Health, dental and vision; health savings account; life and disability insurance.
- 401K retirement plan.
- Cell phone allowance.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Paid holidays and paid vacation days.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
GS Engineering works with government and commercial clients to develop world-class systems from vehicle data technologies and avionics to consumer and OEM systems and components. The Lead Software Engineer is responsible for successful execution of all software development activities from both a technical and process standpoint. This includes:
- Technically execute project work including development of high-quality, maintainable code in C/C++ and Python.
- Develop simulation environment with 3D graphics using Unreal Engine.
- Embedded software development.
- Write requirements and design documentation.
- Compile reports and present information to program management and clients.
- Work within project budgets as defined by project management.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to be successful in this position.
- 5 or more years’ experience in software development across multiple product/system types required.
- Experience developing software in the following areas preferred: embedded platforms, multiple programming environments, machine learning algorithms, and 3D computer graphics (e.g. Unreal Engine).
- Experience working with agile software development methodology.
- Professionalism, effective communication skills, organization, self-motivation, and attention to detail.
- To conform to U.S. Government regulations, candidates must be United States citizens or lawful permanent residents of the United States and be able to obtain a security clearance from the Department of Defense upon hire.
- Ability to travel if needed.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at gsengineering.hirescore.com
GS Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.