Shawsheen is seeking Day Shift Machine Operators to join their team in Andover, MA. As a Machine Operator, you will help perform the duties necessary to run coating or slitting machines. Coating is the application of water and solvent-based adhesives to fabric, paper, foam, and film substrates to produce a dried, finished, coated product.
The ideal candidate will consistently follow all safety procedures and product quality requirements, and meet daily production rates and schedules.
- Load and operate adhesive coating or slitting machines.
- Ensure production documentation is accurate and complete.
- Work with other machinery as requirements demand (and for which training will be provided).
- Follow all safety and environmental rules, requirements, and procedures as established in the facility.
- Communicate all production, quality, and safety issues to the Shift Supervisor or Plant Manager immediately.
- Wear personal protection and hygiene equipment (hair net, steel-toed shoes, and safety glasses).
SCHEDULE This is a full-time, day shift position working Monday – Thursday, 6:00 am – 4:30 pm OR Tuesday – Friday, 6:00 am – 4:30 pm, depending on Machine assignment, as well as an additional day of 8 hours overtime, when needed.
COMPENSATION Starting wage between $18 – $26/hour dependent on knowledge and experience as well as a $1,000 sign-on bonus.
BENEFITS Shawsheen puts great value in the Machine Operator position by offering an excellent benefits package after 60 days of employment, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid holidays and sick time, quarterly attendance bonus and eligibility for a 401(k) plan after 6 months.
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred, but not required.
- Experience in coating or converting textiles is a plus.
- Experience in machine operation is a plus.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to work a 10-hour day shift schedule and overtime as needed.
- Must have dependable transportation. The Shawsheen plant is accessible by public transportation– we are a three-minute walk from the Ballardvale station of the MBTA (Haverhill Line, just 12 minutes from downtown Lawrence).
APPLY ONLINE at bsct.hirescore.com.
Questions? Visit the plant at 220 Andover St., Andover, MA or call 978.475.1710 Ext.138
About Shawsheen: Bradford Shawsheen Coating Technologies (BSCT) is the integration of Shawsheen Coating and Converting from Andover, MA., with Bradford Industries of Lowell, MA.
Shawsheen Coating & Converting has earned the respect of its customers as a reliable provider and an innovative source for solving tough application problems using solvent and water-based adhesive formulations, including applications of custom adhesive formulations to textiles, papers, and tapes, as well as converting vinyl-coated cloth into shoe binding materials. Learn more at bsct.us
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.