Marshfield Clinic Health System-Dickinson
The Marshfield Clinic Health System-Dickinson seeks a full-time Microbiologist (MLT/MT) to join their team of healthcare professionals in Iron Mountain, Michigan. This position oversees quality and workflow of the lab, evaluates and implements new methods and instruments, and reviews maintenance records, quality control, calibrations and analytical results.
- Perform, document and evaluate quality control.
- Maintain technical competency in the lab.
- Provide coverage in all areas of the lab as needed and/or during staffing shortages.
- Assist with proficiency testing oversight, method and analyze validation; review data with staff.
- Assist with customer service to lab clients; assure that testing, reporting and lab services are accurate and efficient.
- Assure technical policies/procedures are reviewed and maintained; provide input in development of policies/procedures
- Evaluate new methodologies, instrumentation, workflow and processes.
WAGE. Starting pay of $21.41 – $40.80 per hour based on education, certification and experience plus a $6,000 sign-on bonus.
BENEFITS. Positions offer a comprehensive benefit package that includes health, dental and vision insurance; prescription drug coverage; flex spending account for uncovered medical and/or daycare expenses, 401(k)/Roth 401(k) retirement plan with 3% employer contribution, paid time off (sick, vacation), short and long-term disability, and life insurance. Relocation assistance available.
SCHEDULE. This is a full-time position generally working Monday-Friday 5am-1pm, 6am-2pm, 7am-3pm, or as assigned. The Microbiologist participates in the weekend rotation schedule.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS.
- Associate’s Degree or higher in medical technology, medical laboratory science, clinical laboratory science or in a related science (e.g., laboratory sciences such as chemistry, biochemistry, biology, microbiology, immunology, etc.).
- MLT Certification through the ASCP, or eligibility to become certified.
- 2 years of clinical lab experience preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and prioritize tasks.
- Exceptional customer service skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust, competence and compassion amongst team members.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at dchs.hirescore.com
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.