Marshfield Clinic Health System-Dickinson
The Marshfield Clinic Health System-Dickinson (DCHS) seeks full-time Patient Access Representatives/Switchboard Operators to join their team of professionals in Iron Mountain, Michigan. This dual position requires flexibility to cover a variety of customer service functions while assisting hospital departments and medical staff to ensure exceptional patient experiences from beginning to end.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Obtain complete and accurate patient demographic information and input into computerized systems in order for patients to obtain hospital services and the business office to efficiently bill and collect from the correct payer(s).
- Perform Registration and Health Unit Coordinator duties in the Emergency Department on off shifts as well as provide support to co-workers in Patient Access and Health Unit Coordinator positions.
- Remain up-to-date on government, state, commercial, and private payer policies and proactively share information with co-workers and other staff as needed.
- Coordinate smooth patient flow processes with hospital departments and medical staff relative to patient care and access areas.
- May be called upon to train new staff on job requirements.
- Perform clerical and system functions as assigned.
- Patient Access Representative. Starting pay of $14.00 – $17.77 per hour based on experience while covering this position.
- Switchboard Operator. Starting pay of $14.00 – $17.50 per hour based on experience while covering this position.
BENEFITS. Position offers health, dental and vision insurance; prescription drug coverage; flex spending account for uncovered medical and/or daycare expenses, 401(k)/Roth 401(k) retirement plan with employer contribution (3% of annual wage first year; second year—DCHS will match your contribution up to 4%); paid time off (sick, vacation); short and long-term disability; and life insurance.
If you work 30+ hours per week (or 60+ hours in a two week pay period), then you qualify for full-time benefits. Part-time positions earn benefits if working 16+ hours per week (or 32+ hours in a two week pay period).
SCHEDULE. This is a full-time Monday–Friday position working 7am–3pm, 1:30pm-9:30pm, 3pm-11pm, 11pm-7am, or as assigned. This position participates in a rotating weekend schedule.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Certified Health Access Associate (CHAA) preferred.
- 2 years’ experience in a healthcare business environment setting such as reception, customer service, or patient billing preferred.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Proficiency with computer data entry required; health information management systems preferred.
- Professionalism with ability to explain patient information in a kind and compassionate manner including insurance benefits, answering questions, and easing patient concerns.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at dchs.hirescore.com
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.