Marshfield Medical Center-Dickinson
The Marshfield Medical Center-Dickinson seeks part-time Patient Flow Enhancers to join their Emergency Department team in Iron Mountain, Michigan. This position assists with care of patients including such tasks as cleaning, stocking, patient transport as well as assisting patients and families with comfort needs, patient specimen collection, data entry, and completion of paperwork. This position will also fill in as a Health Unit Coordinator and associated clerical/receptionist duties as needed.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Assist patients/families coming into the Emergency Department by providing basic first aide, obtain vital signs, updates on wait times as well as updating medical staff on patients in waiting room.
- Transport and assist in the flow of incoming patients (i.e., bring to waiting room or procedure room; assist in preparing patients for procedures, ensure side rails are up and call light is within reach, collect specimens, move patients as needed).
- Clean/restock patient rooms, instruments, back boards; assist in the clean-up of utility room, staff room, nurses’ station, and ambulance entrance/bay.
- Monitor and restock supplies/forms needed for patient care (i.e., pamphlets, forms rack, chart packets, etc.).
- Maintain professionalism and effective communication with hospital staff, care teams, patients and their families (progress updates, reasons for delay, guest directions/information, offer beverages, respond to call lights).
- Assist with completion of valuables checklist, animal bite reporting form, and computer data entry; assist Health Unit Coordinator with filing, pulling charts, and chart preparation.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- Patient Flow Enhancer: $14.28 – $17.98 per hour starting pay based on experience.
- While working as a Health Unit Coordinator: $15.05 – $19.16 per hour based on experience.
- Health, dental and vision insurance; prescription drug coverage.
- Short & long-term disability insurance; life insurance.
- Flex spending account for uncovered medical and/or daycare expenses.
- 401(k)/Roth 401(k) retirement plan with employer contribution (3% of annual wage first year; second year—Marshfield will match your contribution up to 4%).
- Paid time off (sick, vacation).
- If you work 30+ hours per week (or 60+ hours in a two week pay period), then you qualify for full-time benefits. Part-time positions earn benefits if working 16+ hours per week (or 32+ hours in a two week pay period).
WORK SCHEDULE. This is a part-time position with shifts 8am-8pm, 10am-10pm, 3pm-3am, or as assigned, and includes participating in a rotating weekend schedule.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Completion of a healthcare training program such as Nursing Assistant, RN, LPN, EMT, Paramedic, Surgical Technician or Patient Care Technician preferred.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification, or ability to obtain within 30 days if hired.
- Experience working in an emergency department or as an EMT, Paramedic, CENA or Health Unit Coordinator preferred.
- Exceptional customer service skills with a compassionate demeanor that ensures trust and competence amongst patients, families, caregivers, and team members.
- Proficiency with computers and word processing with ability to record accurate data.
- Demonstrates good health, grooming and a professional conduct.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high stress environment is essential.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at dchs.hirescore.com
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.