Marshfield Medical Center-Dickinson
The Marshfield Medical Center-Dickinson seeks full-time and part-time Pharmacy Technicians to join their team in Iron Mountain, Michigan. If you are detail minded and familiar with a pharmacy environment, consider this opportunity.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Use your knowledge of general chemical and physical properties of commonly used medications as they relate to storage requirements, cytotoxicity, flammability, basic diluents and solutions, principles of stability, basic calculations, and aseptic technique.
- Understand and adhere to the “unit dose system of drug distribution”.
- Label, fill and deliver medication to appropriate area (nursing unit, patient bedside, consumer, etc.), restock and exchange medication carts, charge appropriate accounts, and research/provide information as requested.
- Follow department and hospital-wide policies and applicable Federal and State laws.
- Assist in maintaining drug stock inventory and supplies.
- Use pharmacy specific tools and automation (e.g. PCs).
- Maintain pharmacy records (e.g. patient demographics, prescription data, insurance information, repackaging records, department charges, etc.) in pharmacy system.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- $16.91 – $23.79 per hour starting pay based on experience.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance; prescription drug coverage.
- Short & long-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flex spending account for uncovered medical and/or daycare expenses.
- 401(k)/Roth 401(k) retirement plan with employer contribution (3% of annual wage first year; second year—DCHS will match your contribution up to 4%).
- Paid time off (sick, vacation).
- Full-time working Monday-Friday with shifts 12pm-8pm, 2pm-10pm, or as assigned. This position participates in the holiday rotation and occasionally in the rotating weekend schedule.
- Part-time working Monday-Friday with shifts 6:30am-2:30pm, 7am-3pm, 8am-4pm, or as assigned. This position participates every 3rd weekend in the rotating schedule.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR.
- Licensed Pharmacy Technician in the State of Michigan required, or ability to obtain license if hired for this position.
- Completion of accredited one-year pharmacy tech program preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year pharmacy technician experience (or directly related experience) preferred.
- Knowledge of inventory control helpful.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust and competence amongst team members.
- Proficiency with computers and basic office software (MS Word, Excel, Outlook) required.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at dchs.hirescore.com
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.