Marshfield Medical Center-Dickinson
The Marshfield Medical Center-Dickinson seeks both a full-time and a part-time Receptionist to join their Physician Services team in Iron Mountain, Michigan.
This position is responsible for providing exceptional care to patients while in a medical office setting. The ideal candidate is warm, welcoming, and able to accommodate patients, visitors, and physician staff by maintaining schedules and adjusting schedules as needed.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Welcome patients and visitors to the clinic in-person or on the telephone, asks appropriate questions to determine purpose of call/visit, and direct call/visitor to the appropriate staff.
- Maintains effective and professional communication with hospital staff, patients and visitors at all times while being mindful of age-appropriate care in each situation.
- Complete prompt and accurate registration for patients upon arrival, collect payments at the time of service, and assure provider-based billing requirements are met.
- Obtains insurance pre-authorizations and benefits as needed; completes insurance verifications.
- Schedule, confirm, cancel and/or reschedule appointments; complete charts for upcoming patient visits.
- Utilize computers and electronic medical record systems to accurately record patient data.
- Flexibility to float to other hospital clinics as needed or as assigned.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- $14.28 – $17.88 per hour starting pay based on experience.
- Health, dental and vision insurance; prescription drug coverage.
- Short & long-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flex spending account for uncovered medical and/or daycare expenses.
- 401(k)/Roth 401(k) retirement plan with employer contribution (3% of annual wage first year; second year—Marshfield will match your contribution up to 4%).
- Paid time off (sick, vacation).
- If you work 30+ hours per week (or 60+ hours in a two week pay period), you qualify for full-time benefits. Part-time positions earn benefits if working 16+ hours per week (or 32+ hours in a two week pay period).
- Part-time position: Shifts are 7:30am-3:30pm, 8am-4pm, 9:30am–5:30pm, or as assigned, and includes participating in a rotating weekend schedule.
- Full-time position: Shifts are 8am-4pm, 8:30am–4:30pm, 9am-5pm, or as assigned. No weekends.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required.
- Previous experience working in a medical office or healthcare admissions with electronic medical records preferred.
- Training in medical terminology or healthcare business preferred.
- Preference given to candidates with electronic medical record experience such as scanning, indexing, and checking patients in and out.
- Proficiency with computers and word processing with ability to record accurate data.
- Professional appearance and positive attitude.
- Flexible disposition able to work in a fast-paced environment and adjust to changing priorities.
- Exceptional customer service skills with a demeanor that ensures trust, competence and compassion amongst patients, visitors and team members.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at dchs.hirescore.com
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.