Marshfield Medical Center-Dickinson
The Marshfield Medical Center-Dickinson seeks a full-time Scheduling Specialist to join their Central Scheduling Team in Iron Mountain, Michigan. If you are organized, professional and someone who enjoys working in a patient centered environment, this may be a perfect fit for you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Schedule time for procedures as requested by Physicians and professional staff.
- Work with various hospital departments to adjust schedules to utilize unused time due to cancellations and to accommodate patients in need of immediate or emergency procedures.
- Contact hospital staff affected by schedule adjustments to ensure patient is prepared and necessary personnel and equipment are available.
- Confirm demographics and ask appropriate health related information in order to pre-register patients; input the information into a computerized system in order for patients to obtain hospital services and the business office to efficiently bill and collect from the correct payer(s) to resolve the account.
- Train new staff on job tasks and effective use of information systems.
- Maintain a positive attitude and professionalism with hospital staff, patients and visitors.
- Perform clerical and other duties as assigned.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- $14.67 – $18.85 per hour starting pay based on experience.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Short and long-term disability insurance and life insurance.
- Prescription drug coverage.
- Flex spending account for uncovered medical and/or daycare expenses.
- 401(k)/Roth 401(k) retirement plan with employer contribution (3% of annual wage first year; second year—Marshfield will match your contribution up to 4%).
- Paid time off (sick, vacation).
- Full-time, weekday position (no weekends) with varying start times between 7:00am – 9:00am, as assigned.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- At least 1-year experience working in a healthcare business environment, physician practice, unit clerk, hospital or clinic registration with computerized scheduling required.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills.
- Proficiency with computers and data entry required; health information systems preferred.
- Possess professional communication and excellent listening skills with ability to explain patient information in a kind and compassionate manner.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at dchs.hirescore.com
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.