Copper Country Intermediate School District
Are you ready to craft impactful educational experiences for students navigating severe behaviors? If so, the Copper Country Intermediate School District (CCISD) has immediate openings for Special Education Teachers in Hancock, Michigan. Work with our elementary or middle and high school programs to design courses that not only uplift, but also integrate these students seamlessly into the general curriculum.
WHY HANCOCK IS YOUR NEXT ADVENTURE. It is possible to have it all – summers off and a rewarding career centered amongst the largest fresh waters on earth on a peninsula called the Keweenaw. Lake Superior provides the backdrop to adventure by land, lake, and sky. Make this vision a reality by considering this opportunity to make a difference in the lives of special needs students, surrounded by award winning school districts, and supported by a team of outstanding teaching professionals.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- $45,200 – $72,200 annual starting salary based on education and years’ of experience.
- PLUS $1,500 annual Special Education Classroom Teacher Stipend (paid bi-weekly).
- Health, dental, vision, prescription drug, life, and accidental death/dismemberment insurance.
- Additional optional insurance benefits available.
- Paid sick days and personal days.
- Retirement plan provided by the Michigan Public School Employees Plan.
- Professional development assistance and opportunities for advancement.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR.
- Michigan teaching certificate required.
- Michigan Special Education Approval required.
- Endorsement as Teacher of the Emotionally Impaired preferred.
- Experience is a plus; passion is essential. While prior teaching experience is valued, it’s not the sole compass guiding our search. Above all, we’re on the hunt for individuals ignited by a passion for empowering and educating students with special needs. Your dedication and commitment to this endeavor speaks volumes and goes beyond mere years in the classroom.
- Ability to provide a core program for students with special education eligibility by differentiating instruction in academic areas and teaching behavior expectations.
- Professionalism that inspires, teaches, and motivates students and their families.
- Excellent time management, organization, and communication skills.
- A desire to continually increase your knowledge of teaching and an unrelenting ability to make positive change in the lives of students.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at ccisd.hirescore.com
The Copper Country Intermediate School District is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.