Sturos CPA, a full-service professional accounting firm, seeks both entry level and experienced Staff Accountants. For an experienced Accountant, this can be a hybrid remote or fully remote position offering schedule flexibility. Entry level Accountants will work in-office in Calumet, Michigan alongside Senior Accountants.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Work with clients in such industries as technology, startups, manufacturing, construction, and service businesses.
- Review a wide variety of client financial/tax documentation and prepare accounting, tax, and/or audit workpapers.
- Participate in monthly closes for Firm’s client accounting services and assist in development of additional analysis for CFO.
- Develop as an advisor, supporting and guiding clients from a financial perspective on topics such as personal finance and general business matters.
- Review client books and perform accounting in order to prepare tax returns.
- Record journal entries as candidate’s experience allows.
- Prepare individual and business tax returns including estimates and projections.
- Support and guide clients on their accounting system, bookkeeping, and payroll.
- Dependent upon firm needs and candidate experience, participate in all phases of audits including planning, control analysis, testing, and substantive procedures.
- Research tax, accounting and regulatory issues that arise.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- $60,000 – $75,000 annual starting salary for experienced Staff Accountants.
- $50,000 – $60,000 annual starting salary for entry level Staff Accountants.
- Performance bonuses.
- Generous time off.
- Paid training.
- Extremely flexible work schedule.
- Relocation assistance, if needed.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred.
- CPA Candidates encouraged to apply; CPA license a bonus.
- Previous experience in public accounting and/or audit a bonus, however, we will train the right individual who demonstrates a passion for our business and a desire to learn.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word and Excel) required.
- Experience with business accounting software (i.e. QuickBooks, UltraTax, Fixed Assets CS, Thompson Reuters Checkpoint) preferred.
- Ability to problem-solve and think both creatively and logically.
- Excellent organization, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain and promote a positive attitude and work environment.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at sturoscpa.hirescore.com
Sturos CPA is a leading public accounting firm in Michigan’s beautiful Upper Peninsula. Since 2004, Sturos CPA has provided clients with comprehensive solutions in accounting, audit, tax, and business advising. Learn more about the firm at sturoscpa.com
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.