U.P. Engineers & Architects
U.P. Engineers & Architects (UPEA) seeks Structural Engineers to join their team in your choice of locations: Houghton, Iron Mountain, Ishpeming, or Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan, or Marinette, Wisconsin. If you have a strong grasp of technical construction knowledge and are able to work independently on a variety of projects, we want you on our team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Direct CAD designers in the production of structural construction documents.
- Research product selection and materials for use on projects.
- Layout structural framing systems and detail connections.
- Develop design criteria; perform structural analysis of new design and existing structures.
- Collaborate on projects with staff and clients.
- Prepare design calculations for small to medium span bridge replacement projects.
- Perform load rating analysis of existing manufacturing and/or commercial structures for repairs/retrofits.
- Review and respond to RFI’s, submittals, and other construction related requests.
- Author technical reports and project correspondence.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- $45,000 – $70,000+ annually based on your knowledge and experience.
- Performance bonuses.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- Matched 401(k) retirement plan.
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Employee Stock Ownership.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, or a directly related discipline required.
- Knowledge and experience in structural design (buildings, building materials, systems and/or bridge design) preferred.
- Experience and proficiency with industry software (AutoCAD, Revit STAAD.PRO, RAM Structural System and/or RISA-3D) preferred.
- Ability to interpret/understand construction documents, drawings, and technical specifications required.
- A versatile nature that can adapt well to changing priorities and projects.
- Ability to perform visual observations and use precise instruments necessary to the industry.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Willingness and ability to travel, as needed, based on projects/meetings.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at upea.hirescore.com
UPEA is an employee-owned company serving the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and Northern Wisconsin. With offices in Houghton, Iron Mountain, Ishpeming, and Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan as well as Marinette, Wisconsin, UPEA is the largest professional-services firm headquartered in the region. UPEA is a team of 60+ professional engineers, architects, surveyors, and environmental engineers and have been in business for more than 60 years. Take your career to the next level by joining the UPEA team where job satisfaction is consistently high, and turnover is low.
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.