GS Engineering, a diverse, high-tech company located in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, seeks a Lead Model Based Systems Engineer to join their team either remotely or in Houghton, Michigan. Applicants can expect a flexible work environment and opportunities for professional growth and development.
This position is responsible for developing system models and documentation using a Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) approach, working directly with clients, engineering, and project management. The Lead Systems Engineer provides a critical function within the team, developing solutions from concept through production, and requires someone with a strong technical aptitude and the flexibility to adapt to the specific needs of each client. Additionally, the ideal candidate is a self-starting individual who will serve as an MBSE subject matter expert within GS Engineering, working to build an internal knowledge base with future team leadership potential.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting salary of $85,000 – $105,000 annually based on knowledge and experience. In addition, position offers health, dental, vision, health savings account, 401K retirement plan, Employee Stock Ownership Program, cell phone allowance, tuition reimbursement, life and disability insurance, paid holidays, and vacation days. Relocation assistance available.
- Execute projects using MBSE tools (SysML software, legacy systems engineering tools).
- Develop use cases and requirements, activity diagrams, define logical and physical architectures, optimize and evaluate alternatives, and manage requirements traceability.
- Develop designs in compliance with MOSA as necessary, enabling modular design at system interfaces and ensuring program-to-program modularity.
- Evaluate designs for performance, safety, and reliability.
- Support the planning of verification and validation at the project level.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert in MBSE by working with engineering management to develop processes and best practices; support the development and implementation of an Authoritative Source of Truth (ASOT) framework to facilitate digital engineering; and mentor team members in MBSE concepts and tools of the trade.
- Provide technical input to the Business Development Team related to Systems Engineering opportunities.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field and 5 years’ experience in Systems Engineering or Master’s degree in Engineering or a related field and 3 years’ experience in Systems Engineering required.
- International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE) Certification preferred.
- Experience in model-based systems engineering (MBSE) required; experience with Cameo and SysML preferred.
- Experience working with complex commercial and military systems preferred.
- Professionalism, effective verbal and written communication skills, and enthusiasm for excellence in technical execution.
- To conform to U.S. Government regulations, candidates must be United States citizens or lawful permanent residents of the United States and be able to obtain a security clearance from the Department of Defense upon hire.
- Ability to travel if needed.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at gsengineering.hirescore.com
GS Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.