Sturos CPA, a full-service professional accounting firm, seeks an experienced Tax Manager to join their team in Calumet, Michigan. While much of your time will be spent in the Calumet office, the position offers schedule flexibility and option to work a hybrid remote schedule (2-3 days each week in-office).
The Tax Manager is a key member of our team and be directly involved in future growth as our firm continues to expand. Employees are as important to us as our clients, and we take pride in recognizing the talents and efforts of those with whom we work. If you are a tax professional who enjoys solving tax issues as much as you do providing tax compliance and consulting with clients, this may be a perfect fit for you.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- Extremely competitive salary based on your knowledge and experience.
- Performance bonuses.
- Generous time off.
- Paid training.
- Extremely flexible work schedule and option to work a hybrid remote work model from the comfort of your home.
- Relocation assistance, if needed.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Work with clients in such industries as technology, startups, manufacturing, construction, and service businesses.
- Review and make adjustments to small business clients’ financials.
- Prepare business (partnership and corporate) and individual tax returns.
- Review business and individual tax returns prepared by other team members; provide feedback accordingly.
- Coordinate with other team members to ensure the clients are always receiving our best work.
- Research and draft statements involving complex tax matters.
- Identify and implement tax planning opportunities for clients.
- Prepare, coordinate, and follow through on any communication needed with new or existing clients. Demonstrate excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills and confidence in the delivery of financials, tax returns, and other matters to clients.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards and confidentiality.
- Manage client expectations and assist clients with their tax and other related questions.
- Identify and research tax questions that may arise for a client’s situation and continuously monitor tax updates.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or relevant discipline preferred.
- CPA license preferred.
- 5 or more years’ experience with accounting, tax preparation and/or auditing.
- Leadership abilities that inspire, motivate, and mentor others.
- Ability to problem-solve, think both creatively and logically, and see the big picture in order to guide clients.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines based on client needs.
- Excellent organization, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word and Excel) required.
- Experience with business accounting software (i.e. QuickBooks, UltraTax, Fixed Assets CS, Thompson Reuters Checkpoint) preferred.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at sturoscpa.hirescore.com
Sturos CPA is a leading public accounting firm in Michigan’s beautiful Upper Peninsula. Since 2004, Sturos CPA has provided clients with comprehensive solutions in accounting, audit, tax, and business advising. Learn more about the firm at sturoscpa.com
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.