Superior Health Foundation
The Superior Health Foundation seeks an outgoing and well-organized Event Specialist to join their team in Marquette, Michigan.
The Specialist role is more than just a job; it’s an invitation to join forces with the Executive Director in crafting unforgettable experiences that leave a lasting impact. In this role, you will develop, coordinate, and implement event activities. You will forge relationships in the community creating win-win scenarios that showcase the Foundation’s mission, with emphasis on sponsorships, event coordination, and securing prizes. The ideal candidate has the heart of an artist and the finesse of a diplomat. If you have passion for special events, securing sponsorships, and sourcing prizes, this may be a perfect fit for you.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- $20.00 per hour starting pay.
- PLUS annual bonuses.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance; prescription drug coverage; flex spending account.
- SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with company match.
- Short and long-term disability insurance; life insurance.
- Paid time off (holidays, vacation, sick time).
- Full-time Monday-Friday position 8am-4:30pm.
- Some schedule flexibility and remote work options available.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Actively develop relationships with existing and potential event sponsors to secure sponsorships and event prizes.
- Acknowledge, track, and record purchased and in-kind prizes; write thank you letters to sponsors.
- Conduct oneself in a professional, well-organized manner while working independently and prioritizing tasks.
- Schedule meetings/functions, including securing facilities, catering, transportation, and lodging.
- Coordinate mailing of communication material including sponsorship and prize requests.
- Participate in educational programs, in-service meetings, professional conferences, and read literature to enhance professional growth and development.
- Participate and attend meetings, events, in-services, and public forums representing the Foundation.
- Track income and expenses for events; evaluate event statistics.
- Organize, manage and evaluate event planning and committees.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR.
- Experience, education and/or training in event planning, securing event sponsorships, gathering prizes, fundraising, or in an equivalent position that has prepared you to be successful in this position is required. Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Philanthropy, Non-Profit Management, or similar) preferred.
- Experience in the non-profit industry helpful.
- Strong communication skills able to prepare, present, and relate to a variety of audiences.
- Professionalism, organization, and someone who enjoys managing/reporting on details.
- Strong relational skills that work well both independently and collaboratively with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Strong computer skills and ability to use general office software (MS Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Canva).
- Ability to travel on occasion and work irregular hours and weekends if needed to cover events.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at superiorhealthfoundation.hirescore.com
Learn more about the Foundation at superiorhealthfoundation.org
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.