Functional Behavior Services
Functional Behavior Services (FBS), a locally owned behavioral and mental health private practice, seeks entry level Behavior Technicians to join their team in your choice of Escanaba, Houghton, or Marquette, Michigan.
Behavior Technicians (BTs) provide skill development sessions in the home, community, and in clinic settings with the use of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) interventions to teach communication, social, and functional living skills as well as reduce problematic behaviors. BT’s provide ABA interventions that encourage socially acceptable and functional replacement behaviors.
Individuals who meet the qualifications will receive comprehensive training tailored for success in a rapidly expanding industry, fostering growth and paving the way for a fulfilling, long-term career. This position is an excellent opportunity for people looking to grow and develop in ABA or related fields such as speech therapy, education, other psychology fields, occupational therapy, and physical therapy.
This position requires the individual to respectfully interact with our learners (children and parents/guardians), and staff at all levels in a fast-paced environment. Behavior Technicians must be able to work under pressure, remain flexible, resourceful, and consistently display a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. Strong decision-making abilities and attention to detail is also required. Must have the ability to collaborate and work well with others.
Caring is our passion. We promote a work-life balance, open communication, a positive work environment, teamwork, and place a value on collaborative leadership. FBS values taking care of its employees so we can continue to provide quality care to our learners and their families.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- $11.00 per hour training pay with increase to $14.75 per hour after completion of 50 hours and a successful performance review.
- Professional development/advancement. Advance your career to become a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT). RBTs are provided paid training at $16.05 per hour and we cover your exam fees.
- Set schedule. Up to 40 hours per week, scheduled monthly. This position requires the candidate to be available between 8am – 7pm Monday- Friday and occasional pre-scheduled Saturdays. FBS is closed 9 Holidays per year.
- Full-time staff are provided benefits. BCBS health, dental, and vision insurance (FBS covers 70% of premium cost), SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with 3% company match, paid time off and paid holidays.
- A supportive team that inspires each other on a daily basis while making a positive impact on the lives of others.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. This is excellent training for those seeking a degree in Applied Behavior Analysis, Education, Psychology, Behavioral Sciences, or a related field.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable, insured transportation is required.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire background check.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at fbs.hirescore.com
Functional Behavior Services provides behavioral and mental health services to children, adolescents, adults, families, and agencies in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. FBS provides individuals of all abilities with everyday strategies to increase their quality of life, utilizing evidence based behavioral principles and strategies.
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.