Houghton Building Supply
Houghton Building Supply seeks a full-time Cabinet Designer & Sales Associate to join their team in Houghton, Michigan. Experienced and entry level applicants encouraged to apply.
Are you fun and outgoing? Does a well-designed home put a smile on your face? If so, this may be your dream job. From cabinet layout, measuring and pricing, to material selection and connecting with our network of suppliers, we provide all the training needed to be successful as a Cabinet Designer and Sales Associate. If you enjoy meeting and helping people (homeowners and builders), and have passion for style, functionality and color, this is a great opportunity to build your career in a booming industry.
- $18.00 – $20.00 per hour based on experience.
- Sales commission bonuses (unlimited earning potential).
- Health insurance at no cost to the employee. Family plans also available.
- 401(k) retirement plan.
- Employee discounts.
- Cell phone, laptop and apparel provided by company.
SCHEDULE. This is a full-time position working Monday – Friday 9am-5pm and rotating Saturdays (8am-1pm every third Saturday). Some schedule flexibility is available to accommodate personal needs.
- Meet-n-greet customers.
- Assist customers in their cabinet selection and design process by helping them define the texture, feel and functionality of their home cabinetry and related hardware.
- Work with vendors in the design process. We provide training on all vendor lines.
- Produce quotes and close sales.
- Expedite factory orders to manufacturers and verify order acknowledgments are accurate.
- Perform jobsite documentation and measurements necessary for proper sizing of cabinets.
- Coordinate delivery of ordered cabinets to customer.
- Train alongside and provide support to current staff and be coached for excellence in your position.
- Provide backup to counter sales in a pinch.
- Previous experience designing cabinet layouts preferred, however, we will train the right person who demonstrates an ability to deliver exceptional customer service and has passion for our company.
- Proficiency with computers and ability to learn new software required. We use 2020 Interior Design Software.
- Degree or training in interior design, drafting, graphic art, visual arts or a related field a bonus.
- Knowledge/experience with new construction and/or remodeling a bonus.
- Ability to read and take measurements using a tape measure required.
- You are organized, positive, reliable, and work well individually and as a team member.
- You don’t leave projects undone and follow-up with customers on each and every quote.
- Valid driver’s license required. Ability to travel locally to job sites/client meetings in a company provided vehicle (or your own vehicle and we pay for mileage) is required.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at houghtonbuildingsupply.hirescore.com
Learn more about the company at houghtonbuildingsupply.com
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.