Marshfield Medical Center-Dickinson
The Marshfield Medical Center-Dickinson seeks a part-time Cardiac Rehabilitation Specialist to join their Rehab Services Team in Iron Mountain, Michigan.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Identify common cardiovascular conditions limiting or otherwise influencing physical activity, dietary intake, lipid management, smoking cessation, diabetes management or stress management to improve heart strength and increase pace of recovery.
- Develop rehabilitation plan involving exercise, dietary modification, smoking cessation, and stress management to increase pace of recovery. Interpret information obtained from appropriate methods of monitoring to ensure safety.
- Develop a home exercise program, exercise prescription, and utilize American Academy of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR) guidelines to ensure safety and effectively guide the patient toward optimal restoration and maintenance of functional capacity.
- Assess patient’s understanding of the disease to determine the individual’s system pattern and to identify patient goals and educational needs for rehabilitation. Formulate assessments of each patient’s functional activity level and tolerance to activity to ensure progressive rehabilitation. Terminate patient’s physical activity based on symptoms and assessments to ensure safe patient treatment.
- Use appropriate AACVPR clinical standards of care safe and effective treatment to meet the needs of the individual cardiac rehab patient.
- Maintain patient records and documentation in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with physicians and medical staff on patient care to ensure patient needs are met.
- Conduct/participate in clinical education programs to provide ongoing support to staff, students, and interns.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- $26.24 – $36.91 per hour starting pay based on experience.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance; prescription drug coverage.
- Short & long-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flex spending account for uncovered medical and/or daycare expenses.
- 401(k)/Roth 401(k) retirement plan with employer contribution (3% of annual wage first year; second year—DCHS will match your contribution up to 4%).
- Paid time off (sick, vacation).
SCHEDULE. 24 – 32 hours per week with shifts beginning at 6:30am, 7:00am, or as assigned.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR.
- Degree in Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Nursing, Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology, or Exercise Science required.
- Michigan Licensed Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapist or Registered Nurse.
- 3 years’ of direct cardiac rehab experience preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification preferred, or ability to obtain within 3 months if hired.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification, or ability to obtain within 1 year if hired.
- Exceptional customer service skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust, competence and compassion amongst team members, patients and families.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at dchs.hirescore.com
Learn more about the organization at dchs.org
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.