Marshfield Medical Center-Dickinson
Marshfield Medical Center-Dickinson seeks a full-time Cash Application Specialist to join their team in Iron Mountain, Michigan.
The ideal person for this position is someone detailed, organized and experienced in data entry. This position balances accounts, posts patient payments and adjustments, and must be comfortable using a variety of computer systems in order to maintain and process data.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Prepare, post, and key in patient demographics, cash, third party and patient payments/charges/adjustments to applicable account in computerized systems; reconcile with bank deposit.
- Perform daily clerical duties, scanning and indexing.
- Stay current with policies and procedures and share information/updates with team members.
- Train new staff as needed.
- Provide backup support for other areas as needed.
- Maintain effective and professional communication with hospital staff, patients and vendors.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- $15.60 – $20.00 per hour starting pay based on experience.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Short and long-term disability insurance and life insurance.
- Prescription drug coverage.
- Flex spending account for uncovered medical and/or daycare expenses.
- 401(k)/Roth 401(k) retirement plan with employer contribution (3% of annual wage first year; second year—DCHS will match your contribution up to 4%).
- Paid time off (sick, vacation).
- Full-time position generally working Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:00pm, or as assigned.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; degree or certification in Medical Office or related program helpful.
- Experience and ability to balance daily and monthly cash account transactions required.
- Experience with posting, researching, and auditing payments/adjustments within an accounts receivable billing system; healthcare or insurance experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of medical insurance terminology/policies with ability to read and understand Explanation of Benefits (EOBs) preferred.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel and data entry required.
- Professional appearance, positive attitude, and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at dchs.hirescore.com
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.