Iron County Medical Care Facility
The Iron County Medical Care Facility (ICMCF) seeks full-time and part-time Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) to join their team in Crystal Falls, Michigan.
This position requires an ability to take direction and assist professional nursing staff by performing routine duties in the care of the residents of our well-established facility. The ideal candidate is patient, tactful, and enthusiastic in the handling of residents and their care.
- Provide professional and quality nursing care to residents; follow instructions and care plans for residents.
- Assist residents during admission, with daily care and transfer including lifting, turning, repositioning and with ambulation.
- Give baths (partial, bed, whirlpool), shampoo, set hair, clean and cut fingernails/toenails; brush teeth, shave, and give oral care; give enemas and suppositories.
- Make beds; empty and disinfect bedpans, commodes, urinals and wastebaskets.
- Collect urine, stool and sputum specimens; record weight and height.
- Participate in staff/resident teaching and in-service programs, as needed.
COMPENSATION. Starting wage of $16.33* per hour with increase to $16.82 after 6 months PLUS a $2,000 sign-on bonus after one year of employment.
*CNAs are considered direct care workers in the State of Michigan and will receive a $2.35 per hour direct care worker supplement to their current wage. This is in addition to the wage scale listed in the paragraph above.
BENEFITS. Position offers medical, dental, vision, generous retirement plan, paid vacation, paid holidays, paid sick time, short-term disability insurance, life insurance, uniform allowance, shift differentials, and pay incentives for perfect attendance and picking up additional shifts.
- Michigan or Wisconsin State licensed nurse aide training and competency evaluation.
- Inclusion on the Michigan Nurse Aide Registry within 4 months of hire, required.
- No flags against applicant’s name on any State Registry.
- Previous experience in hospital, skilled nursing or other related medical facility preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust and competence amongst peers and residents.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to physically and mentally carry out the functions of this position.
- Willingness to perform a variety of simple repetitive tasks of which may involve unpleasant conditions.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at icmcf.hirescore.com
Learn more about the company at ironcountymcf.com
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.