Website Nylon Corporation of America (NYCOA)
NYCOA seeks a highly motivated Co-Op/Engineering Intern for our Applied Technologies Lab located in Manchester, New Hampshire. This role is responsible for providing our customers with expert service in the application and processing of NYCOA materials supporting the Application Technology Center (APTC).
The Co-op/Engineering Intern will be working with plastics injection molding and extrusion equipment to provide essential testing to our customers.
- Characterization of materials for NYCOA’s new product line including molding parts, testing and statistical analysis of data
- Conduct processing studies/DOE’s on materials.
- Work with outside vendors to design and specify tooling & test fixtures
- Coordinate with external contract manufacturers as needed
- Draft and validate SOPs for newly purchased equipment, special tests and provide training to technician staff.
- Support creation of technical data sheets and sales documents.
COMPENSATION: NYCOA puts great value in the Co-Op/Engineering Intern by offering a paid internship.
- Currently pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Plastics Engineering, or Plastics Engineering Technology required.
- 3rd year or higher in college required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis methods (e.g. ANOVA)
- Hands-on testing experience preferred.
- Familiarity with ISO and ASTM test methods a plus.
- Knowledge of computer aided design software (e.g. CAD, GD&T, etc.) a plus.
- Injection molding and/or extrusion experience a plus.
APPLY ONLINE at nycoa.hirescore.com
About NYCOA: With over 50 years of specialty nylon polymerization and manufacturing experience, NYCOA is committed to providing world-class quality products, product development assistance, technical support, and superior service to each and every customer. NYCOA’s mission is to be the best in providing specialty Nylon solutions to meet our customers’ needs. Our team will create value through a commitment to quality, continuous improvement, customer focus and innovation. Come join our team!
NYCOA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce.
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.