U.P. Engineers & Architects
U.P. Engineers & Architects (UPEA) seeks an experienced Construction Observer/Technician to join their team in your choice of locations: Houghton, Iron Mountain, Ishpeming, or Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan, or Marinette, Wisconsin. If you enjoy working outdoors, independently, and have experience with construction oversite on such projects as underground utilities (water treatment, water and sewer main, wastewater treatment or stormwater systems) or highway construction projects, this may be a perfect fit for you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Work independently on construction sites.
- Read and interpret drawings and specifications on construction projects.
- Communicate and coordinate with contractors onsite throughout the life of the project.
- Prepare daily work reports based on field inspections of construction work.
- Track contractor’s daily bid item quantities installed.
- Have meticulous attention to detail and organization.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- $46,000 – $60,000+ annually based on your knowledge and experience.
- Performance bonuses.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- Matched 401(k) retirement plan.
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Employee Stock Ownership.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; technical/trade school certificate or Associate’s degree in drafting, building, construction, engineering technology, or surveying a bonus.
- 5 or more years’ experience with construction oversight, highway construction or underground utilities preferred.
- Certifications not required, but a bonus if someone has or is willing to obtain: MDOT Density Technology, MDOT Paving Operations, MDOT Certified Aggregate Technician–Level 1, ACI/MCA Concrete Field Technician and/or Troxler Certification.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office software (Word, Excel), required.
- Ability to interpret and understand construction drawings specifications required.
- A versatile nature that can work outdoors, be reliable, and adapt well to changing priorities/projects.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Willingness and ability to travel, as needed, based on projects/meetings.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at upea.hirescore.com
UPEA is an employee-owned company serving the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and Northern Wisconsin. With offices in Houghton, Iron Mountain, Ishpeming, and Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan as well as Marinette, Wisconsin, UPEA is the largest professional-services firm headquartered in the region. UPEA is a team of 60+ professional engineers, architects, surveyors, and environmental engineers and have been in business for more than 60 years. Take your career to the next level by joining the UPEA team where job satisfaction is consistently high, and turnover is low.
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.