Little Brothers-Friends of the Elderly
Little Brothers-Friends of the Elderly seeks an outgoing and engaging leader to join their team as Volunteer Coordinator in Hancock, Michigan.
The Volunteer Coordinator is vital to our success. This position oversees volunteer activities in Baraga, Houghton, Keweenaw and Ontonagon counties of Michigan and includes recruiting, onboarding, and recognizing volunteers in our core programs. The ideal candidate is comfortable speaking to large groups of people, enjoys working with volunteers, and understands the dynamics of aging or is willing to learn.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- $15.00 – $17.00 per hour based on experience.
- Health insurance.
- Paid holidays, paid vacation, and paid sick time.
- Full-time Monday-Friday position 8:30am-5pm.
- Some schedule flexibility and remote work options available.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Launch a volunteer recruitment campaign with focus on growing our volunteer base in the Baraga and Ontonagon, Michigan areas.
- Travel to Baraga (1 day/week) and Ontonagon (1 day/week), Michigan in a company provided vehicle, or we will provide mileage reimbursement if you prefer to use your own vehicle to recruit, onboard, train, schedule and recognize volunteers in our core programs.
- Participate in community events and schedule speaking engagements to recruit volunteers.
- Provide monthly volunteer orientations and onboarding events.
- Schedule quarterly in-service training for volunteers on topics related to aging and volunteering with the elderly population.
- Consistently and sincerely recognize volunteers for their work.
- Coordinate and implement the annual Volunteer Appreciation Picnic.
- Create and publish the Volunteer Newsletter three times a year.
- Compile and submit quarterly reports on volunteer engagement.
- Work occasional evenings and weekends.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR.
- Combination of experience, education and/or training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to be successful in this position.
- Compassion for the elderly and an aging population.
- Professionalism, organization, and someone who encourages a team environment.
- Exceptional communication skills able to prepare and present information effectively for a variety of audiences.
- Strong project management skills.
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft office software (Word, Excel, OneDrive, SharePoint).
- Proficiency with (or ability to quickly learn) CRM and database programs.
- Must be willing to work 2 of 3 major holidays (Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas) for our Holiday Meal Program.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel approximately 2 days each week to the Baraga and Ontonagon areas.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at littlebrothers.hirescore.com
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.