Marshfield Clinic Health System-Dickinson
The Marshfield Clinic Health System-Dickinson (DCHS) seeks a full-time CPAP Specialist to join their Durable Home Medical Equipment team in Iron Mountain, Michigan. This is a Monday-Friday position; no weekends and no on-call. If you are compassionate and competent to set-up, deliver, and follow-up on CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) home medical equipment for patients under care, this may be a perfect fit for you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Plan, prepare, deliver, retrieve, set-up and demonstrate use of home medical equipment while visiting patients in their homes; adjust PAP per physician orders; follow-up with patient after initial set-up to ensure fit and re-supply of equipment materials.
- Train and educate patients, caregivers, and co-workers on safe and proper use of respiratory equipment including care, cleaning, and maintenance of equipment.
- Document and maintain patient data (obtain patient intake information, referral, demographic, review clinical documentation and diagnosis, verify insurance eligibility for products ordered, compete paperwork, create patient record, enter order).
- Maintain ongoing and effective communication with patients.
- Travel to patient locations/homes.
- Backup front desk, as needed.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- $19.81 – $28.72 per hour starting pay based on experience.
- Health, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, and life insurance.
- Prescription drug coverage.
- Flex spending account for uncovered medical and/or daycare expenses.
- 401(k)/Roth 401(k) retirement plan with 3% employer contribution.
- Paid time off (sick, vacation).
- Full-time, Monday-Friday position generally working 8am-4pm, 9am-5pm, 10am-6pm, or as assigned.
- Certification in a relevant medical field such as Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT), sleep technician, Respiratory Therapist (RT), or Michigan Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) required.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification or ability to obtain within 30 days if hired.
- Minimum 1-year clinical experience and/or home medical equipment experience preferred.
- Knowledge of sleep apnea, CPAP and BiPAP equipment and therapy preferred.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and reliable, insured transportation. Must be willing to travel (up to 50%) to patient locations in a hospital provided vehicle or personal vehicle during various weather/road conditions while transporting medical equipment.
- Ability to physically carry out the functions of this position including frequent lifting, moving and lowering of equipment/supplies (with assistance) weighing from 10 – 50 pounds, climbing stairs, and walking on all types of terrain while delivering/retrieving equipment.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at dchs.hirescore.com
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.