Website Marquette Board of Light and Power
Marquette Board of Light and Power seeks an experienced Director of Finance to lead and support their team in Marquette, MI. As the Director of Finance, you will be responsible for the overall management of the utility’s finances and budget. This position will provide key insights regarding finances and ensure the company’s financial stability and growth in a rapidly evolving power industry.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- Competitive salary commensurate with education and experience.
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.
- Defined contribution retirement plan with company contribution.
- Paid time off.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Develop and monitor key financial and performance statistics as they relate to the municipal power industry.
- Monitor the operating budget to ensure revenues and expenditure are within projections.
- Provide the Executive Director and the Board of Light and Power with statistical and budgetary reports including monthly financial statements.
- Develop and implement department procedures and fiscal policies.
- Research financial trends, market conditions, and investment opportunities.
- Manage the rate making process by conducting cost-of-service studies and evaluation of sales.
- Provide ongoing development and monitoring of internal control systems.
- Provide long-term financial planning strategy in accordance with state law, accounting principles, and policies to safeguard utility assets and resources under the direction of the Executive Director.
- Direct the budgetary process and monitor and refine all finance activities including long-range financial planning, rate analysis, bonding, and investments.
- Serve as Department Head of Accounting Department.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, or a Certified Public Accountant designation required.
- Master’s degree in accounting, business administration, or public administration, or a Certified Management Accountant designation preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in the administration of accounting and budgetary systems, including budgets, cost analysis, regulatory accounting for both state and federal agencies, cash flow management, and rate design required.
- 3+ years of managerial experience required.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to lead, motivate, and retain staff while promoting professional growth.
- Proficient in financial software.
- Able to maintain calm demeanor while managing highly complex issues.
Marquette Board of Light and Power is located in Marquette, Michigan and services up to 17,000 accounts. We value customer service and are very proud of our 130-year legacy of providing low cost, reliable and safe electrical energy services to our service territory. Learn more at mblp.org
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.