U.P. Engineers & Architects
U.P. Engineers & Architects (UPEA) seeks an experienced Electrical Engineer to join their team in your choice of locations: Houghton, Iron Mountain, Ishpeming, or Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan, or Marinette, Wisconsin. If you come from the power side of the industry and enjoy day-to-day interfacing with project team members, this may be a perfect fit for you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Create power and lighting designs (lighting layouts, power equipment sizing and selection).
- Develop specifications, work drawings and related documents for commercial, governmental, residential and institutional clients.
- Perform building power service calculations, equipment selection, and system layouts (fire alarm, data and access control).
- Perform power load calculations in accordance with NEC Code and using standard industry software.
- Communicate regularly with project managers and team members.
- Oversee site electrical condition and construction administration.
- Supervise/coordinate work of designers and technicians.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- $70,000 – $100,000+ annually based on your knowledge and experience.
- Performance bonuses.
- Relocation assistance, if needed.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- Matched 401(k) retirement plan.
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Employee Stock Ownership.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline required.
- Professional Engineer license, or goal of obtaining license in future, preferred.
- 3 or more years’ experience working with facility design including lighting, calculations, power distribution, fire alarm and data access required.
- Project management experience is helpful.
- Knowledge of current codes.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Creativity in researching concepts and finding solutions to complex challenges.
- Ability to document and present work to teams in a clear, concise manner.
- Proficiency with computers, Microsoft Office software, and design software.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Willingness and ability to travel, as needed, based on projects/meetings.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at upea.hirescore.com
UPEA is an employee-owned company serving the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and Northern Wisconsin. With offices in Houghton, Iron Mountain, Ishpeming, and Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan as well as Marinette, Wisconsin, UPEA is the largest professional-services firm headquartered in the region. UPEA is a team of 60+ professional engineers, architects, surveyors, and environmental engineers and have been in business for more than 60 years. Take your career to the next level by joining the UPEA team where job satisfaction is consistently high, and turnover is low.
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.