Website Marathon Petroleum Company LP
Title: Electrician/I&E Technician
Company: Marathon Petroleum Company LP
Location: Martinez, CA
The Marathon Martinez Renewable Fuels Facility is seeking a highly motivated Electrician/I&E Technician to join our team. Electricians support the operation of the facility by properly maintaining electrical systems which allows for safe, compliant, and reliable facility operations.
Electricians at this facility perform a variety of duties. Although responsibilities vary on a daily basis, the primary responsibility of an Electrician/I&E Technician is to install and troubleshoot electrical systems and equipment within the facility.
Other primary responsibilities will include:
- Troubleshooting, repairing, installing, and commissioning electrical systems.
- Completing all required documentation (work orders, calibration sheets, etc.) in a timely manner.
- Communicating significant safety and equipment issues to supervisor and all applicable levels of site management.
- Training on the maintenance of electrical systems, including installation, calibration, testing, troubleshooting, and repair.
- Ensuring all work is performed in a safe environment manner, adhering to site Health and Safety processes and Environmental regulations.
- Executing Lock Out/Tag Out procedures, work permitting, and other Marathon and industry safety processes.
- Participating in preventative maintenance activities as part of our Mechanical Integrity Program.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 2+ years journeyman level electrical experience required OR
- Completion of a recognized electrical apprenticeship program or trade school.
- Experience in troubleshooting, repair, installation, and commissioning of electrical systems required.
- Ability to understand electrical one-line drawings and schematics and operate electrical testing equipment.
- Ability to work irregular or extended hours and call-out situations as needed.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be willing to obtain Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) upon employment.
- At least 18 years of age required.
- Adherence to a strict Drug and Alcohol policy.
- Refining, petrochemical, or other related industry experience preferred.
- Medium and/or high voltage experience preferred.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and SAP preferred.
Work performed at ground level and at heights on concrete, metal grating, gravel, asphalt, and piping surfaces, while climbing, lifting up to 50 pounds, carrying 10-20 pounds, pushing/pulling up to 75 pounds with mechanical assistance, working in confined spaces, and working in inclement weather.
Must be able to walk, sit, stand, reach, stoop, bend, kneel, squat, crawl, climb ladders, work at heights, use excellent balance, and wear appropriate PPE.
Pay and Benefits
Starting rate of $49.99/hour for employees with journeyman electrical experience. This position offers highly competitive benefits including Medical, Dental and Vision benefit options, Paid Parental Leave, Company Match on 401(k) Contributions, Cash Balance Pension Retirement Plan and much more! Benefits information can be found on www.mympcbenefits.com.
APPLY ONLINE at tinyurl.com/mrwjbwcc
About Marathon’s Martinez Refinery: At Marathon Petroleum, we are sharpening our focus on meeting the world’s growing energy needs while reducing our carbon emissions intensity. As part of this effort, we are repositioning our Martinez refinery to become Martinez Renewable Fuels, a renewable fuels manufacturing and terminal facility that will be able to produce approximately 730 million gallons of renewable fuels per year. Learn more at www.marathonpetroleum.com
Marathon Petroleum Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.