Website St. John Paul II Catholic Academy
St. John Paul II Catholic Academy seeks a motivated Elementary Art Teacher who seeks to work with like-minded faculty and families in Menominee, MI. This is a part time position that will teach grades K – 5th grade, with the opportunity to teach through 8th grade dependent on experience.
Candidates should be willing to teach the time-tested liberal arts curriculum while integrating the Magisterial teaching and traditions of the Catholic Church.
- Create lesson plans with objectives based on adopted curriculum and submit plans according to the school policies.
- Develop students’ drawing, coloring, and painting techniques by giving visual demonstrations.
- Provide instruction on the use of oil, acrylic, and watercolor paint.
- Prepare and arrange art materials and art equipment in the classroom for students to use.
- Deliver engaging lectures to students on art, art techniques, art history and aesthetics.
- Assign and grade art projects and maintain records of the students’ progress.
- Organize art exhibitions to display the artworks of students and help them develop their art portfolios.
- Develop teaching strategies to address the individual needs of students.
- Engage students in learning in a Christ-centered environment.
- Communicate students’ progress to parents.
- Continuously grow in your ministry by participating in religious ceremonies, training sessions, and reflection activities.
- Maintain compliance with the Diocese of Marquette safe environment policies throughout the employment period.
SCHEDULE This is a part time position, working primarily during the hours of a traditional school schedule. Working on weekends, evenings, and some holidays may be required.
COMPENSATION St. John Paul II Catholic Academy puts great value in the Part Time Elementary Art Teacher position by offering a competitive starting wage commensurate with education and teaching experience.
BENEFITS St. John Paul II Catholic Academy offers an excellent benefits package including paid holidays, PTO, and sick days, faculty tuition benefit, retirement, and an exceptional work environment with small class sizes, joyful students and teachers, and a curricula that focuses on aiming students towards Truth, Beauty, and Goodness.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field required.
- Previous teaching experience preferred.
- Must be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the church.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess or be willing/able to obtain a valid driver’s license.
- Minimal travel required.
- Travel may include overnight lodging and may require use of personal or school vehicles.
- A background in art and the skills required to teach elementary art successfully.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
APPLY ONLINE at diocese.hirescore.com
No phone calls or walk-ins, please.
ABOUT St. John Paul II Catholic Academy is a Pre-K through 8th-grade private Catholic academy serving Menominee, MI since 1876. For the past 140 years, their approach to education has been to set a high standard of excellence and support students as they strive to achieve it.
Saint John Paul II Catholic Academy is committed to partnering with families to provide high-quality academic education in a safe environment based on the religious teachings of the Roman Catholic Faith.
Saint John Paul II Catholic Academy will be recognized throughout the Menominee area as a vibrant, distinctively Catholic elementary school in the classical liberal arts tradition. Faculty and staff at Saint John Paul II Catholic Academy will provide students with individualized attention in a Christian atmosphere of acceptance and challenge in order to aid them in:
- Growing in Christ and the Catholic faith.
- Developing a strong feeling of self-worth.
- Being academically prepared for their future.
Learn more at jpiicatholicacademy.org
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.