Gogebic County Road Commission
The Gogebic County Road Commission seeks a motivated Civil Engineering Assistant to join their team in Bessemer, MI. As a Civil Engineering Assistant, you will perform a variety of tasks such as surveying, AutoCAD drafting, and construction inspection and testing.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- Competitive annual salary of $55,000-$65,000 commensurate with knowledge and experience.
- Excellent benefits package including:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Pension plan
- Longevity bonuses
- Cell phone allowance
- Schedule varies by season. Overtime may be required.
- Summer: Monday – Thursday 6:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Winter: Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Review and inspect Road Commission projects.
- Survey for line divisions such as right-of-way, maintenance projects, bridge and culvert projects, etc.
- Use the CADD system to input survey data and develop survey records.
- Develop and analyze design computations.
- Perform a variety of tasks related to the engineering function of the Road Commission.
- Develop plans and drawings of current and proposed conditions.
- Gather and organize projects and enter data into Field Manager software.
- Execute traffic control count surveys using software and instrumentation.
- Perform nuclear density measurements of construction materials.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering technology and 1+ year of engineering experience in construction and/or design OR
- Associate degree in civil engineering technology, construction technology, surveying technology, or construction management and 3+ years engineering experience in construction and/or design
- Must have or be willing to obtain the following within one year of employment:
- MDEQ Storm Water Operator Certification.
- Testing as required by the GCRC’s Nuclear Regulatory Commission’s license to operate and maintain the nuclear density gauge.
- FieldManager Training.
- Computerized Office Technician.
- Pavement Surface Evaluation and Ratings (PASER).
- Familiarity with MDOT’s Standard Specifications for Construction and Design Standards.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must have or be willing to obtain a valid driver’s license.
APPLY ONLINE. Click “Apply Now”.
ABOUT: The Gogebic County Road Commission was established in 1909. GCRC is responsible for over 1,000 miles of paved and unpaved roads and 61 bridges. We currently have a five-member Board of Road Commissioners who are appointed by the County Board. County road commissions were organized by Public Act 283 of 1909 to achieve two primary goals: To provide continuity in road construction and maintenance across the state; and to provide cost-efficient and high-quality road services for county roads. Learn more at https://gogebiccountyroadcommission.org/
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.