Title: Journeyman I&E Technician (Evening Shift)
Company: Ashland, LLC
Location: Texas City, Texas
Reports To: Reliability and Maintenance I&E Supervisor
Ashland, Texas City (ISP Technologies, Inc.) seeks a Journeyman I&E Technician (evening shift, M-F, 3 pm – 11 pm) to join our Maintenance team. Journeyman I&E Technician is accountable for preventative maintenance as well as necessary repair of plant’s
instrumentation and electrical equipment utilizing a high degree of safety awareness with cost
awareness to obtain maximum production.
- Works closely with I&E Supervisor and others in maintenance and production group to
accomplish departmental/plant goals and objectives.
- Troubleshoots and repairs motors, motor starters 480; 4160 and 2300 VAC.
- Reads, understands, and utilizes electrical prints.
- Troubleshoots and repairs AC variable speed drive controllers.
- Troubleshoots and repairs VAC and DCV control circuits including relays, interlocks, timers, alarms, etc.
- Troubleshoots and repairs 13,800 volt and lower voltage feeders.
- Calibrates and repairs process field instrumentation such as transmitters, transducers,
positions, control valves, controllers, pneumatic and electronics.
- Troubleshoots and repairs pneumatic low voltage DC and 117 VAC control circuits.
- Troubleshoots and repairs microprocessor controllers, distributed control systems and
programmable logic controllers.
- Coordinates project work with other maintenance work groups and production department.
- Complies with all plant safety rules and reports all incidents and events to immediate
supervision for corrective action.
- Attends all plant and departmental safety meetings to actively support and participate in
safety programs and implementations.
- Complies with all Ashland, Texas City plant policies, procedures, and practices applicable
to maintenance department.
- Participates in various Company and regulatory training designed to improve plant
processes and/or increase unit production.
- Participates in Safety and Environmental initiatives to contribute to compliance of State/Federal regulations and improve existing Company programs.
- Minimum four (4) years of electrical/instrumentation experience in a manufacturing or
similar facility is required.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Associate Degree in Electrical/Instrumentation Technology or related discipline is strongly
- Prior experience must include being knowledgeable in chemical process manufacturing,
troubleshooting and repair of various electrical instrumentation, instrument calibration, plant safety rules and regulations, Process Safety Management (PSM), current Good
Manufacturing Practices (cGPM), environmental compliance standards, site quality
processes, and emergency response requirements.
- Authorized to work in US.
- Possess a high level of mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Be an effective communicator with all levels of organization.
- Possess basic computer competencies.
- Capable and willing to work overtime and holidays, take call-outs as may be required.
Candidate must be able to work in confined spaces and from elevated areas within the plant.
Must be able to think clearly and solve multifaceted problems in the field with personnel of
various degrees of skill levels, education, and training.
Individual must be able to respond appropriately during site emergencies as directed by the
Site Emergency Manager. Must be capable of evacuating manufacturing process areas in a
timely manner should an emergency arise. Candidate must also be able to wear and properly
utilize appropriate personal protective equipment if required to work or visit within the
manufacturing process area including confined space entry. May include hard hat, safety
glasses, respirators, ear plugs, steel-toed shoes, or other equipment as required by the work
performed and location the work is being done.
Other physical requirements for this position include:
- Able to lift an object weighting 35 pounds and carry a minimum of 100 feet.
- Able to perform very strenuous jobs while wearing breathing air masks, slicker suits,
and other safety-related material.
- Exposure to various temperature extremes as dictated by local climate.
- Exposure to loud noise levels created by running equipment in the process areas.
Competitive pay and benefits package.
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.