Accountable for the repair and maintenance of mechanical equipment at Ashland, Texas City plant so that maximum production can be obtained. Individuals in this position strive to accomplish this objective at minimum cost while maintaining a high degree of safety awareness, protecting our environment, and delivering high quality results.
Are you the kind of person that is always thinking, sketching, seeking, and adjusting? Who needs to understand how things work and then figure out how they can work better? Are you a passionate, tenacious, solver who loves to work with others who share your drive? Are you positive, constructive, and ingenious?
Are you always solving?
Ashland has an exciting opportunity for a Journeyman Machinist to join our Ashland, Inc. (ISP Technologies, Inc.) business at our Texas City, Texas plant. This is a very visible, significant role within the Company and the maintenance and reliability functions. This position will report to the Maintenance Supervisor/Planner.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Works closely with the Maintenance Machinist Supervisor/Planner and others in the Maintenance group to accomplish the goals and objectives of the department.
- Repairs common centrifugal and reciprocating pumps.
- Aligns shafts as required using both reverse indicator and rim and face methods.
- Utilizes hand tools and power tools as needed to accomplish work projects.
- Troubleshoots and repairs pumps, turbines, compressors, and gearboxes.
- Coordinates assigned work with other Maintenance Craft groups and the Production department.
- Complies with all plant safety rules and reports all incidents and events to immediate supervision for corrective action.
- Attends all departmental safety meetings, actively supports, and participates in safety programs and implementations.
- Complies with all ASI plant policies, procedures, and practices applicable to the Maintenance Department.
- Participates in various company and regulatory training designed to improve plant processes and/or increase unit production.
- Participates in Safety and Environmental initiatives that will contribute to compliance of State/Federal regulations and improve existing Company programs.
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Minimum four (4) years machinist experience is required.
- Prior experience must include being knowledgeable in chemical process manufacturing, plant safety rules and regulations, Process Safety Management (PSM), current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGPM), environmental compliance standards, site quality processes, and emergency response requirements.
- Possess a high level of mechanical aptitude, be an effective communicator, possess basic computer competencies.
- Capable and willing to work overtime and holidays, as may be required.
- Ability to work in confined spaces and from elevated areas within the plant.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to think clearly and solve multifaceted problems in the field with personnel of various degrees of skill levels, education, and training.
- Able to climb scaffolds, ladders, and stairs, at varied excessive heights.
- Capable of entering and working in confined spaces, when required.
- Possess ability to lift an object weighting 35 pounds and carry a minimum of 100 feet.
- Able to perform very strenuous jobs while wearing breathing air masks, slicker suits, and other safety-related material.
- Exposure to various temperature extremes as dictated by local climate.
- Exposure to loud noise levels created by running equipment in the process areas.
- Training required to perform the job properly may require this position to travel within Texas and around the United States of America.
The following skill sets are preferred by the business unit:
- An associate degree in mechanical technology or related discipline.
Perks of working at Ashland:
- Recognition rewards, sponsored lunches and monetary incentives based on company performance.
- Comprehensive Benefit package, Medical, Dental and Vision for you AND your family.
- 401(k) plan with company match.
APPLY ONLINE BELOW
The Ashland, Texas City plant is a union environment. Normal work schedule is M-F, 7:00 am to 3:30 pm. Hourly wage is $49.33. Qualified candidates are required to pass general knowledge assessments, job skills knowledge testing, an interview, drug screen, physical, background check, as well as demonstrating machinist craft.
Must be authorized to work in the US.
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.