UPPCO seeks an Electric Distribution Lineworker in Houghton, Michigan. This position constructs, maintains, and dismantles components of all voltages of distribution and transmission lines.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- $44.90 per hour.
- Comprehensive benefit package.
- Must have completed a 4-year accredited or certified lineworker/electrician apprentice program and/or attained Journeyman lineworker/electrician status.
- CDL Class A or ability to obtain/maintain a valid Class A commercial driver’s license with air brake endorsements within 4 months of hire.
- Operate heavy equipment such as tracked vehicles, trenchers and backhoes.
- Possess thorough knowledge of all phases of electric distribution and transmission work procedures and safety rules, electric distribution standards, applicable state electric codes and statutes, and underground facilities and their purpose.
- Must be reasonably available and responsive to after-hours and emergency callouts; ability to be on-call and/or work long hours and overtime as needed.
- Ability to work outside with exposure to all types of weather conditions.
- Position involves heavy, physical work with frequent lifting and/or carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in high areas above ground level and with high voltage equipment.
- Ability to trim trees, install meter equipment, perform streetlight work, locate underground facilities, and investigate load, voltage, and other customer complaint problems.
- Participate in safety meetings and wear appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Excellent time management, organization and communication skills.
- A positive, motivated attitude that works well with little direct supervision.
- Willingness to travel, as required.
- Must reside within 30 minutes of jobsite.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at uppco.hirescore.com
UPPCO is a regulated electric utility delivering safe, reliable energy to about 54,000 customers in 10 counties of Michigan’s pristine Upper Peninsula. Our assets include 7 hydroelectric renewable energy generation facilities that also offer public recreational opportunities on land and water, 2 combustion turbines providing a total generation capacity of approximately 80 megawatts, 3,300 miles of electric distribution lines, and 58 distribution substations. Learn more at uppco.com.
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.