Shawsheen is seeking a highly motivated full-time Machine Operator – 2nd Shift to join their team in Andover, MA. As a Machine Operator, you will help perform the duties necessary to run textile winding or slitting machines. The ideal candidate will consistently follow all safety procedures and product quality requirements, and meet daily production rates and schedules.
- Load and operate textile winding or slitting machines.
- Ensure production documentation is accurate and complete.
- Communicate all production, quality, and safety issues to the Shift Supervisor or Plant Manager immediately.
- Wear personal protection and hygiene equipment (hair net, steel-toed shoes, and safety glasses).
- Other duties as needed.
SCHEDULE This is a full-time position working Monday – Thursday, 4:00 pm – 2:30 am after training has been completed. Training will be 45-60 days, working Tuesday – Friday 6:00 am – 4:30 pm. Overtime is routinely available.
COMPENSATION Starting wage is $18 – $22/hour, depending on knowledge and experience.
BENEFITS Shawsheen offers an excellent benefits package after 60 days of employment, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid holidays and sick time, quarterly attendance bonus, and eligibility for a 401(k) plan after 6 months.
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Experience in textile winding or coating machines is a plus.
- Experience in machine operation is a plus.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to work 10-hour shifts and overtime as needed.
- Must have dependable transportation. The Shawsheen plant is accessible by public transportation – we are a three-minute walk from the Ballardvale station of the MBTA (Haverhill Line, just 12 minutes from downtown Lawrence).
APPLY ONLINE at bsct.hirescore.com. Visit the plant at 220 Andover St., Andover, MA or call 978.475.1710 Ext.138
About Shawsheen: Bradford Shawsheen Coating Technologies (BSCT) is the integration of Shawsheen Coating and Converting from Andover, MA., with Bradford Industries of Lowell, MA. Shawsheen Coating & Converting has earned the respect of its customers as a reliable provider and an innovative source for solving tough application problems using solvent and water-based adhesive formulations, including applications of custom adhesive formulations to textiles, papers, and tapes, as well as converting vinyl-coated cloth into shoe binding materials. Learn more at bsct.us
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.