Website Marathon Petroleum Company
Company: Marathon Petroleum Company LP
Location: Kenai, Alaska
The MPC Kenai Refinery is currently seeking applicants to fill full-time Machinist/Millwright/Mechanic positions.
Machinist/Millwright/Mechanics perform maintenance and repairs of refinery machinery – pumps, compressors, turbines, valves, and other equipment.
- Install, troubleshoot, repair, maintain and analyze refinery rotating equipment including vertical and overhung pumps, reciprocating compressors, blowers, steam turbines, bearings, and fin-fans.
- Cut, thread, and install piping/tubing and assist with preventative maintenance assignments and other duties as assigned.
- Read and accurately interpret technical documents, drawings, manuals, and procedures.
- Utilize computerized maintenance management systems to document work.
- Maintain files, records, and logs of work performed on equipment.
- Perform rotating equipment alignments and balancing using precision tools and equipment.
- Troubleshoot mechanical and control problems on refinery equipment to minimize downtime, maximize reliability and assure compliance.
- Work as a team member with mechanics and other crafts at the refinery as needed.
- Communicate corrective actions and recommendations concerning emissions, controls, and maintenance issues to department and environmental staff as required.
- Be an active part of a culture that promotes ethical practices and legal compliance, and encourages customer service, individual integrity, safety, teamwork, and employee innovation and accountability.
- Perform any special tasks that may be assigned which will contribute to the achievement of the Company’s strategic objectives.
- Provide project coordination, as required, when projects requiring a small crew are in progress at the refinery.
- Capable of working with minimal supervision.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum High School or GED equivalent required.
- 5+ years of refinery or related maintenance of industrial rotating equipment experience required.
- Trade School graduate, or A.S. degree, preferred.
- Experience with the use of Machine Shop equipment including Milling Machine and Lathe is preferred.
- Experience in the use of computerized maintenance software systems and understanding of Original Equipment Manufacturing (OEM) manuals. Must have strong computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Access, and Excel.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Alaska Driver’s License.
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) card
- Must be willing to climb ladders, and work at heights and in confined spaces.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime for various plant emergencies and as needed to ensure continuous safe and environmentally compliant plant production.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be capable of communicating within all levels of the organization.
Machinists/Millwrights/Mechanics work a 4-day/10-hour per day schedule and must be available for overtime.
PAY AND BENEFITS
Competitive wage and benefits including 401(k) and retirement.
APPLY ONLINE AT marathon.hirescore.com
About Marathon’s Kenai Refinery: Our Kenai refinery is located on the Cook Inlet, 60 miles southwest of Anchorage, Alaska, and has a crude oil capacity of 68,000 barrels per calendar day (bpcd).
The refinery processes mainly Alaska domestic crude along with limited international crude to manufacture gasoline, distillates, heavy fuel oil, asphalt, and propane. Product delivery occurs through terminals via pipeline, rail, and ships. Learn more at www.marathonpetroleum.com
Marathon Petroleum Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.