Iron County Medical Care Facility
The Iron County Medical Care Facility (ICMCF) seeks a full-time Maintenance Worker to join their team in Crystal Falls, Michigan.
The Maintenance Worker will perform a variety of maintenance and general repair functions to the facility, buildings, grounds and equipment ensuring physical functionality and safety of the facility.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Perform repair and maintenance tasks including including electrical, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, glazier, and painting tasks.
- Service, repair and treat floors, sinks, walls, carpeted surfaces and roofs.
- Perform minor repairs, troubleshooting, and adjustment of locks on cabinets, desks, doors, closets, resident beds, wheel chairs, showers, and other related repairs in resident rooms, hallways and common areas.
- Service and repair door hinges and key slots; change filters and fan belts on ventilating, heating, and air conditioning equipment.
- Service kitchen appliances and emergency equipment; report electrical or mechanical equipment malfunctions for appropriate and timely repair.
- Assist in moving, transporting, setting-up and/or disassembling equipment, supplies, furniture, etc.
- Activate/deactivate building alarms; respond to alarm calls during and after work hours.
- Operate ground maintenance equipment such as mowers, snow removal, skid steer, etc.
- Perform janitorial work as needed.
- Efficiently assess and repair non-functioning machinery and/or equipment.
- Assist in conducting fire drills, implementing fire code guidelines, and conduct in-service trainings; attend in-service trainings and educational sessions as required.
- Conduct inspections; record and report preventive maintenance activities.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- $17.15 – $17.53 per hour starting pay.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Short-term disability and life insurance.
- Generous retirement plan.
- Paid vacation, paid holidays, and paid sick time.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have at least 1 year maintenance experience in a residential or commercial facility including general carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and painting preferred; HVAC a bonus.
- Someone experienced with hand and power tools in the course of maintenance and outside groundwork is preferred.
- Someone who operates with a sense of urgency and can organize and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Someone motivated to use safe work practices and is resourceful in solving problems.
- Position requires an ability to perform physical work with lifting and/or carrying up to 50 pounds; climbing ladders of modest height; dusty, dirty and confined spaces; and outdoor weather conditions (hot, cold, windy, rainy, humid, snowy, etc.).
- Preference given to those with skilled nursing home/healthcare facility maintenance experience.
- Flexibility with work schedule and be available for call-ins, emergencies, weekend and/or holiday shifts if needed.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at icmcf.hirescore.com
Learn more about the facility at ironcountymcf.com
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.