Quincy Mine Hoist Association
The Quincy Mine Hoist Association seeks a Gift Shop Manager in Hancock, Michigan.
Quincy Mine is a regional, national, and international destination for people seeking to learn more about Michigan’s famous Copper Country, with over 20,000 visitors annually. The Gift Shop is the gateway to the Quincy experience, and the operational hub at the site. The Gift Shop Manager is a key position in the organization, ensuring that visitors enjoy exceptional service, whether it’s scheduling a tour, browsing the Gift Shop for the perfect gift or memento, or finding the right book from our extensive library.
To be successful in this role, you should have a high level of professionalism, organization and detail, have an aptitude for budgeting and financial management, and an ability to manage others effectively. The Gift Shop Manager works closely with the Executive Director and is responsible for all Gift Shop operations including staff management, training, financial operations, and inventory control.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- $18.00 – $25.00 per hour based on your knowledge and experience.
- Paid time off.
- Full-time position with option of working 9-months or year-round. Year-round position can work remotely in winter months creating/updating marketing material, website maintenance, etc.
- Schedule flexibility is available. The successful candidate must be flexible to work evening and weekend hours if needed.
- Gift Shop is open 7 days a week from mid-April through October 31 including Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR.
- 2-year degree in Business (or related field) or experience successfully running a retail sales business required.
- Experience managing business inventory and hiring/training staff required; preference given to candidates with a background in tourism, hospitality and/or retail management.
- Someone that is self-directed, idea driven, and always seeking ways to improve business.
- Strong financial reporting and budget management acumen preferred.
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email) required.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills including customer service, personnel management, and planning/delegating business functions.
- Proficient and clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to reside and/or relocate to the Houghton/Keweenaw, Michigan area is required.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at quincymine.hirescore.com
The Quincy Mine is a partner with the Keweenaw National Historical Park, located in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. Quincy Mine site provides an engaging and educational visitor experience, instilling excitement about Michigan’s copper mining past through its unique historical resources—its historic mining location, buildings, equipment and underground mine—as well as through high-quality interpretive tours, exhibits and programming.
To apply for this job please visit app.keysurvey.com.